Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 150,000 miles on the clock – too much?
  • jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Got my eye on this van, ticks all my boxes except the high mileage. Will be doing maybe 400 motorway miles a week in it myself. Avoid?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=251862802617&globalID=EBAY-GB&alt=web

deviant
    Free Member

If its been serviced regularly it should be fine, most deisels should do 200k+ if looked after.

Edric64
    Free Member

My old Sprinter is nearly up to 250,000 and still chugs on

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Given the engine I’d say yes, google the 1.9cdti engine.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Yes avoid? I’ve googled it but not much clue what I’m looking for

whitestone
    Free Member

I took first four cars past 150K and they were all petrol and still ran fine and passed the emissions test at the MOT so I wouldn’t be too worried about a diesel. So long as the bodywork is OK and the test history shows nothing untoward then I’d say go for it. Big mileage is what diesel engines are designed for.

Del

seems a bit pricey for something that will end up basically worthless?

br
    Free Member

While it looks in good condition it seems (very) expensive for the miles.

Would an equivalent Astra hatch be as dear?

trail_rat
    Free Member

it appears not how ever….

depends on the history to go with at 150k it may have all alot of the big ticket items done….or it may not….and i wouldnt take anyones word for it without seeing receipts and perhaps even phoning the garage to verify…..(was stung on a timing belt i got a reciept for with a car once …. turns out the garage had no record of ever having had the car when i took it in for a service.

you can get an 08 astra estate in SXI trim on 68k miles for 3990 at a dealer looking at auto trader…

how ever that is most likely not to have had its big ticket bills done…..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘150,000 miles on the clock – too much?’ is closed to new replies.