Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • £1500+ XC Hardtail
  • roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

The Giant is undoubtedly a bargain and I would have bought one already save for the fact that I rang Paul's Cycles earlier today and was told that I could order one and have it sent to me, but I couldn't go into the shop and try it for size first, nor could I go over there and try any other bike of the same Geometry in that size. I found it all quite bizarre to be quite honest.

Anyway the 456 seems to be out of stock in the large sixe and in any case I'd have thought that a 456 isn't really what I'm looking for…carbon or not.

I think I've concluded that I want a Trek…admittedly it's not an 'exciting' bike for the money…it's not niche like, say, a Cotic would be, what it is is a very well built, very well specced, tool for a job. I also hear that Trek's after sales service is pretty good…

Before I make my final decision does anyone have anything to add?

SigmaF
    Free Member

….push the budget a tad and look at a Cannondale Flash Carbon 4……good piece of work that is!!

njee20
    Free Member

Doesn't get the Hi Mod frame though, which is the best part about the Flash. Still looks good mind.

ratherbeintobago

Some of the actions of Trek as a company WRT Greg Lemond might have left a nasty taste, and that would put me off buying one, more than, say a Spesh (except I have a track record of buying 'Dales).

Having said that, my Mum (hybrid) & my bro (6500) both have Treks with which they are very happy.

The alloy Flash is quite nice too.

Andy

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

I have, in the dim and distant past, sold both Cannondales and Specialized and whilst they are absolutely lovely bikes they are, to me, for that reason alone, a bit 'familiar' which is possibly why I'm increasingly taken with the Trek. The paintscheme isn't as horrific as the Specialized Stumpjumper either!

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘£1500+ XC Hardtail’ is closed to new replies.