Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • £150 for an xc wheel set – which?
  • shakers
    Free Member

I want to spend about £150 replacing the Bonty Rangers that came with my trek. Shimano mt55’s are currently in pole position.

Mainly do xc, some trail centre red routes.

Is this the way to go?

Kryton57

In my opinion, you’d get a much better set if wheels by buying from the classifieds here, or even posting in the Wanted section.

They might be second hand but a set with Hope hubs and decent rims I’d achievable and will last a lot longer. Post in the Wanted section with your budget and hub sizes and I reckon you’ll get a fair few responses.

teadrinker
    Free Member

as krypton said.

jota180
    Free Member
    shakers
    Free Member

Thanks I’ll have a look

neil853
    Free Member

I hate it when people ask a question with a budgetary limit and then someone suggests something over budget, but, I’m going to do it 😉

I’ve had some of the Superstar/Stan’s Crest wheelsets for a while and they seem to be good so far, decent weight too at 1605g

transapp
    Free Member

Classifieds +1

I got a pair of Hope hoops, Mavic 717 rims and DT spokes (all in black) for 150 notes. They almost hadn’t been used. 2 years and about 3000 miles and they still haven’t been serviced in any way. I reckon that’s a pretty good buy.

granny_ring

If you go for the Merlin wheels, sign up to and go via topbackcash and get 3% off, so under your budget 😀

davesmate
    Free Member

At that price I’d be looking at a superstar set with a superlegerra hub. From some posts on here it would seem they can be a bit hit or miss but I know more folk that got a good set than I do that got a bad set. The one guy I know who got a bad set returned them and had them replaced and they’ve been spot on since

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘£150 for an xc wheel set – which?’ is closed to new replies.