Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 15 minute meal recipe books
  • thered

Are they any good?
    Are any of the meals cookable in 15 minutes?
    Are there any that are healthy/low fat?
    Which would you recommend?

maccruiskeen

Are any of the meals cookable in 15 minutes?

Don’t expect any 15 or 30 minute meal in a book to take that amount of time to cook the first time you cook it. You need to be in the habit of making that dish to make them to do them quickly.

I’m not sure of there being that many books of 15 minute recipes around. Jamie Oliver’s one is OK although I just take dishes rather than whole meals from it (mainly because my GF is veggie and I can’t eat dairy so a lot of the whole meal ideas don’t work for us)

Expand your time frame to 30 mins then theres an old Nigel Slater book of 30 min meals that might still be available (I bought min about 15 years ago) its focused more on suppers for two rather than meals to entertain and in fact the recipes range from about 5 mins to 30 and its more a book of quick ideas than dictating a whole meal.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Like the food in the lean in 15 book. Some doable in 15 mins. Find the bloke annoying on videos but can understand his following.

wallop

Lean in 15 is great.

DezB
    Free Member

There are about 3 decent recipes in the J Oliver one

kudos100
    Free Member

The Jamie Oliver one is pretty far fetched. You can probably cook some of the dishes in 15 minutes if all the ingredients are pre-prepared and you have practiced them a few times.

My favourite is this book: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Five-Ingredients-Minutes-Jules-Clancy/dp/0718158741

Some are a bit bland, but it has some real gems in there also. Really healthy, as she bases most of the recipes around low carbs.

You can actually cook a lot of them in ten minutes as well.

If you don’t want to buy the book, try the blog, it has lots of free recipes to try: http://thestonesoup.com/blog/about/

DezB
    Free Member

and I’ve had that unopened jar of Harissa paste in the cupboard for 3 years now.

maccruiskeen

and I’ve had that unopened jar of Harissa paste in the cupboard for 3 years now.

If its Belazzu post it to me. If it isn’t leave it unopened in the cupboard. 🙂

metcalt

The Jamie Oliver one is pretty far fetched. You can probably cook some of the dishes in 15 minutes if all the ingredients are pre-prepared and you have practiced them a few times.

This, I recently made Laksa following one of his recipes, the actually cooking only took around 15/20 minutes but the prep took about the same if not a little longer. That being said, a pretty tasty curry in not much over 30mins is still OK in my world.

daftvader
    Free Member

I’ll echo the Jamie Oliver comments. I used to be a chef and I struggle to get them below 20 minutes. I do like the recipes tho

thered

Thanks, I’ll give the lean in 15 a try for the mo I think

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If I had only 15 mins to create food I’d probably look at stuff I could batch/freeze/chill when I had more time.
    Doing
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/HK3vNE]Something new…..[/url] by Mike Smith, on Flickr
    This evening hands on time about 15 mins, total closer to 30 but it’s simple and easy so I can do other stuff (like procrastinate on the Internet and drink wine) while it cooks and dish it up when I need it later

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘15 minute meal recipe books’ is closed to new replies.