Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • 140mph on the motorway…… but it's fine, he's a Police Officer…
  • xiphon
    Free Member

If anyone else was doing that sort of speed, I think they might be in a little bit more trouble than him….

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-25877943

avdave2

Well no as the only evidence is the word of a prisoner. If I walk into a police station and say I’ve been in your car while you drove at 140 what would they say, and what would you expect to happen to you. I’m more than happy to have you banged up on my say so and I’m glad your of the same opinion. I hear there are good educational facilities in many prisons – perhaps you might learn some fundamental principles of justice. 🙂

Drac

If anyone else was doing that sort of speed, I think they might be in a little bit more trouble than him….

Well yes if they’re not driving an emergency vehicle and are trained to do so they would. Those that are have to go through an investigation to justify why they were doing it or indeed if they were. Oh look just like what’s happening.

chojin
    Free Member

That won’t be the only evidence. Trust me, the car logs all the telemetry for evidential reasons.

If they say he’s had his licence suspended, it’ll be for a reason.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Copper showing off to prisoner, idiot!

xiphon
    Free Member

He may be ‘trained’ in high speed driving, but in that scenario he’d likely have air support warning him of traffic ahead/other dangers.

Complete idiot IMHO.

chojin
    Free Member

What I do object to though is the “it’s fine, he’s a police officer”.

What makes you think he is going to be fine?

Drac

He may be ‘trained’ in high speed driving, but in that scenario he’d likely have air support warning him of traffic ahead/other dangers.

You’ve been watching too many Bad Boys films.

Complete idiot IMHO.

He is.

cranberry
    Free Member

Funny how according to the Police SPEED is always worse than digging up the Queen Mother and bottom-sexing her, unless it is done by a police officer properly trained to not be held accountable by the laws of physics.

bearnecessities

Well, that gets my vote for oddest analogy of the day.

chojin
    Free Member

cranberry – Member
    Funny how according to the Police SPEED is always worse than digging up the Queen Mother and bottom-sexing her, unless it is done by a police officer properly trained to not be held accountable by the laws of physics.

Cranberry, you’re completely right of course. Except when it’s you/one of your family of whom they are SPEEDing to get to in your hour of need.

Jamie
    Free Member

Well, that gets my vote for oddest analogy of the day.

*snigger*

theflatboy
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator

You’ve been watching too many Bad Boys films.

Is one enough and both too many?

Drac

Cranberry, you’re completely right of course. Except when it’s you/one of your family of whom they are SPEEDing to get to in your hour of need.

Interesting that as someone wrote to our local paper last year complaining an ambulance was going too slow and they should be driving faster. They never mentioned the laws of physics though.

Is one enough and both too many?

😀

It was the first one to come into my head with fast police cars and helicopters in pursuit.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Jamie, you bad person for spotting that.

footflaps

I think we need to watch both Bad Boys films again and then reconsider the subject…..

Drac

I think we need to watch both Bad Boys films again and then reconsider the subject…..

This shit just got real.

MSP

Well when they have the blues and twos going to respond to an emergency, we can make reasonable exceptions. When they are abusing their position for jollies it is a very different matter.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Supt Ellis added that the PC had been formally sanctioned and was subject to “an action plan concerning risk management and decision-making”.

“His licence has been suspended, including removing his pursuit capabilities”, he said.

“The PC will also have to go through a driving school re-assessment before returning to full operational duties.”
    essentially he did it but we have warned him

It may be safer for a trained officer to do this but it is never safe compared to a lower spped or driving legally.
    Their judgement – showing off to a prisoner and doing those speeds is questionable.
    I also agree anyone else would be in serious trouble for this beyond a tut and reprimand

cranberry
    Free Member

Anyone else would have found themselves in a cell without their belt and shoelaces.

xiphon
    Free Member

If I needed “help” from a fast response car, I would like to them to arrive as quickly as possible.

This does not mean redlining in 5th gear – as they’re more likely to have a smash and not get to me at all!

Drac

Anyone else would have found themselves in a cell without their belt and shoelaces.

Is that because there is a different law?

It may be safer for a trained officer to do this but it is never safe compared to a lower spped or driving legally.
    Their judgement – showing off to a prisoner and doing those speeds is questionable.

I agree.

footflaps

I’m very surprised no one has mentioned children’s faces yet…..

Drac

This does not mean redlining in 5th gear – as they’re more likely to have a smash and not get to me at all!

Bloody sure as the engine would explode far better putting it into 6th.

chojin
    Free Member

MSP – Sorry, I was responding to Cranberry’s sweeping generalisations with a generalisation of my own.
    It sounds like this particular officer was in the wrong, but you have to bear in mind they are legally allowed to travel at these speeds, regardless of whether you (the royal you) like it or not.

bearnecessities

I think anal necrophilia of the monarchy escalated straight past the childrens’ faces stage.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

If the situation calls for a trained emergency driver to do 140mph then no problem at all.

If they’re doing 140mph for kicks/showing off they should be governed by the same rules as all other motorists. IMHO.

Drac

I think monarchy necrophilia escalated straight past the childrens’ face stage.

Well that’s one sentence I never expected to read.

Jamie
    Free Member

I think anal necrophilia of the monarchy escalated straight past the childrens’ faces stage.

[/quote]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvqJ1mTkEuY[/video]

Drac

If they’re doing 140mph for kicks/showing off they should be governed by the same rules as all other motorists. IMHO.

But they’re not so go through investigations to justify speeds, the news report fails to mention if this was given, if they were prosecuted straight away a good solicitor would get it cancelled for not following the law.

If it is as the BBC are trying to claim that it was about showing off it’s a silly thing to do but it doesn’t mention anything after that other than the suspension.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I think anal necrophilia of the monarchy escalated straight past the childrens’ faeces stage.

😐

cranberry
    Free Member

*bows*

jambourgie
    Free Member

I love how the perp got the copper to put his foot down and then grassed him up. You can have your cake and eat it. 😀

footflaps

If it is as the BBC are trying to claim that it was about showing off it’s a silly thing to do but it doesn’t mention anything after that other than the suspension.

To be fair, he could have just been late for his shift end…

Drac

To be fair, he could have just been late for his shift end…

Maybe.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

But they’re not so go through investigations to justify speeds, the news report fails to mention if this was given, if they were prosecuted straight away a good solicitor would get it cancelled for not following the law.

Agreed, the facts are sketchy. But I still think they should be treated the same as a member of the public if they were found to be dicking around after a thorough investigation. I appreciate that they aren’t.

scaredypants

Jamie – Member
    *snigger*

You know we demand a gif featuring a copper, the queen mum (gawd bless ‘er) and maybe the odd corgi

All in the back of a traffic car

Jamie
    Free Member

I did consider it, but what I had in my mind would probably earn me a spell at her daughters pleasure.

rene59
    Free Member

If true then the copper in question has bad judgement and poor decision making skills.

I wonder then if all the previous convictions secured on evidence provided by his past judgements and decision making will be challenged.

But no doubt he will be protected and be treated leniently like the many before him. Typical coppers, no wonder no-one likes them.

MSP

By his license suspended, do they mean he got a driving ban? If so that is what any other member of the public would get.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘140mph on the motorway…… but it's fine, he's a Police Officer…’ is closed to new replies.