Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • 140mm + Steel Hardtail for 6`3"!, is the On One 45650B my only option ?
  • RagTi
    Free Member

Hi All

Looking for a 140mm travel steel hardtail….to no avail, however being 6`3″ with a 34″ IL puts me in that awfull bracket of needing a frame over 19″. I have tried and failed with 18/19″ bikes and longer stems are never the way forward. However I also found my old 21.5″ Genesis way too roomy!.

So its about 20″ I need, as my On One Codeine is the absolute perfect fit for me.

After scouring about I can only really find the 45650B available in 20″ and be reasonably priced.

Can anyone offer me any alternatives that I may have missed, over and above Stanton, Genesis, Niner, Swarfe…..but then again is the top end Raw 45650B that bad a choice ?

Cheers!

bur70n
    Free Member

I can’t think of anything different there, I went with a High Latitude 20 being the same height as you in a 20.5inch frame size, love it.

thomasgeorge
    Free Member

Take a look at a kingdom vendetta 2, if budget can stretch to Ti, they do an extra large, and the are really helpful, and can effectively custom make one to fit, for very little more than the price of the standard ones. I’ve got one on the way, with capacity for 3 ” tires.

honourablegeorge

I’d start looking at reach and top tube figures instead of seat tubes – seat tube really doesn’t mean that much any more.

Switchback has a long TT, might well suit you.

Gotama
    Free Member

Given you mentioned Niner for 29er and pricing then there is also the 2Souls Quarterhorse and the Yelli Screamy which both build into great bikes. Own the former, owned the latter. Also 6ft 3.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

2souls do big quarterhorses too I think.

Edit. D’oh!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Production Prive OKA or Shan? Check but I think the Oka is for 120-140 and the Shan 140-160.

The Oka is really long, the top tube is 610mm on the large (18?) with a 73.5 SA! I’ve not worked out what that is in reach, but it’s probably 30-40mm longer than average.

The shan is 10mm shorter and 1deg slacker which combined make the reach 20mm shorter (1deg in SA is give or take 10mm in reach) because it’s more DH and less enduro.

Downside is it’s not cheap when compared against the 45650b.

Gotama
    Free Member

You know you wanna……

bungalistic
    Free Member

The new rc127 by Pace perhaps pace rc127

I think the large is a 19″, it has 630mm top tube, not sure on reach or how that compares to your codeine. No one has mentioned the cotic soul or bfe either.

Orange have the new p7 coming out soon perhaps that would be ok?
    new orange p7

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

2nd look at reach & stack over seat tube lenght

Have a look at Cotic Soul275 or the Solaris they do a XL frame,

alexh
    Free Member

Canfield nimble 9?

alexh
    Free Member

Demo day at fod on Oct 4th. I think they will have the alloy yelli in xl available.

Canfield UK on fb have an event up.

nant
    Free Member

I’m 6ft4, and use a 20″ 29er Ragley Big Wig- steel frame, I’ve 140mm revs bolt through on. I love it.

Ragley are releasing some new hard tails soon, maybe be worth seeing what they release!

or a Transition trans am?

spectabilis
    Free Member
    timmys

I ride a 18″ Stanton Slackline fine and I’m 6’2″. The 18″ Switchback is longer than the Slackline so I would have thought it would be fine for you.

batman11
    Free Member

6.3 and got a privee Shan good fit. And had an oka also great bike and a good fit.
    Oka is 120 to 140 but shan is actually 150 to 160 travel.
    Both are 26 and 27.5 compatable.

superstu
    Free Member

Kona honzo if you are happy with a 29r?

BillOddie

Chromag do a XL rootdown, bloody brilliant bikes!

Rootdown 2019

fenboy

6.3 + 34IL here and i have an XL singular buzzard with 140 xfusion trace forks. its nice.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘140mm + Steel Hardtail for 6`3"!, is the On One 45650B my only option ?’ is closed to new replies.