Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 140mm Rockshox Fork?!
  • bones76
    Free Member

OK so out of all the different Rockshox forks out there would someone please tell me which one is specifically designed around a 140mm travel bike and nothing else?! and also it needs to come with a 20mm axle

I mean is there one? all i seem to come across is 100mm.120mm or 150mm or above??!!

Many thanks

Candodavid
    Free Member

I have a rev 29er 2013 with 20mm 140mm travel

Scapegoat

Revelation.

bones76
    Free Member

I know these days it’s going against the grain but it’s for my LT 26” HT but were saying perhaps a revelation?

rickon
    Free Member

150mm rev can be spaced to 140mm with an internal spacer. They sit a little low in their travel anyway, so pop a little more negative air in, and they’ll be 140 🙂

rickon
    Free Member

Other option is a Sektor, cheaper, little less technology but very good value for money.

Simon

You can’t get a new Rockshox 140mm travel 20mm bolt through fork. Older Pike would fit the description or some older Revelations came with 20mm maxle.

bones76
    Free Member

Am starting to wonder if the bike will take a 150mm travel fork and save having to insert the spacer…

Anybody know if a Lynskey LT 26” HT will be fine with a 150mm fork? It’s designed around a 140mm fork but i have been running a 120mm fork for a while with no issues…Just a thought

kayak23

Planet-x are currently discounting a 140mm Pike and you could mebiz fit an hub adaptor?

jairaj

The travel on solo sir Rock Shox forks cannot be changed using a spacer. You need a new spring assembly.

Also I don’t think RS make a trail fork with the 20mm fitting either. Even the new Pike is 15mm only. I think you have to look at their freeride and Dh forks for the 20mm axle now.

Older dual air revelations sound ideal as travel can easily be changed using spacer and they came in 20mm flavour. But I haven’t seen any of these new for sale for ages. Second hand is your only bet.

Otherwise if buying new, depending on use either a Revelation for trail and AM lite use or Pike for full on all mountain fork. Again as said you’ll need new spring assemblies and they are only 15mm

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘140mm Rockshox Fork?!’ is closed to new replies.