Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 140mm forks with 20mm axles
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

I fancy changing the forks on my Nicolai Helius CC, it’s currently running 130mm Dual Air Revs.

I would quite like a bolt through fork after having had both Pikes and 36’s in the past on another bike.

The travel has to be 140mm at a maximum, and adjustable would be nice too.

The two I’ve come up with are a Revelation Air U-turn and a Magura Thor, any other ideas?

At a reasonable price – less than £400

_tom_
    Free Member

Pike u-turn would be my choice, or perhaps the new cheaper Sektor u-turn (though I think that’s 150mm at max)?

sv

My Pushed uturn coil Pikes that I will be selling soon 😉

lucien

Pikes from me as well

steve_b77
    Free Member

Pike are a bit on the chunky side with regards to weight if I’m honest.

But thats for the offers

Jeffus
    Free Member

Revs are great light and still stiff with the 20mm axle, I have dual air model , fantastic feel to them, never felt I neede travel adjust on them.

rustler
    Free Member

I replaced my 454 coil Pikes with some 140mm dual air u-turn maxle Revs.
    Fantastic fork. As capable as the Pikes, but without the weight.
    Be sure you need the u-turn though, as air u-turns are prone to clunking if not at max or min travel.

Northwind

Rev teams if you can stretch to it, fantastic… Not as stiff as a Pike but still very tough. There’s nothing wrong with motion control Revs but the blackbox is just that significant extra bit better. They’ll be more expensive than £400 new but Rockshox are a decent second hand buy generally.

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

Good early feedback from my new Rockshox Sektor RL – 150mm travel but can be spacered down to 140 – its a 20mm bolt thru and as stiff as my Fox 36 RC2 plus cheap too!

DSC00984 by FROGLEEK, on Flickr

dhrider
    Free Member

Sektors would be my choice.

These have replaced the Pikes and have a lot of adjustment for the price.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘140mm forks with 20mm axles’ is closed to new replies.