Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 140mm Forks for under £300
  • GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I have a Giant Trance X5 with Rock Shox Recon 335's (solo air 120mm travel) and I'm thinking about upgrading to something with more like 140mm travel. This would let me have more fun on the downhills without compromising climbing ability too much and I think the bike deserves better forks. I've been looking at some second hand Vanilla's but they are heavier than what I have. Are they good enough to justify the extra weight or are there any other options people can suggest? Thanks.

devs
    Free Member

Pikes on Bike Outlet were 270 or something. I got a set recently.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Merlin have two models of 140mm QR Revs which they are offering with 10% off at the moment. With discount, both are under £300.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

the revs are excellent

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

MrCrushrider – Member
    the revs are excellent

Sorry for the hijack !

Can the Revs travel be reduced ?? .. say to 120 mm /130 mm with spacers ?

Tony

On one have:
    Rock Shox Revelation Race 2010 Dual Air 140 with Poplock
    Stock: Just 4 Left

bunnerscj
    Free Member

I may shortly (next couple days) have some Fox Float (air) 140mm QR Rebound, lockout and compression RLC Forks from a 2007 Giant Reign 0 bike which I am about to split
    Some cable rub on crown, lowers excelent stanctions unmarked, serviced with new seals last year
    Looking for £225 posted or there abouts
    Mail in profile
    Cheers

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Ok thanks everyone. I'll look at these options. I probly won't get new forks just yet. I'm making a list at the moment of what I can afford to upgrade and possible weight savings. The Revelations look like a good option so far.

LittleTones
    Free Member

If you are poor and willing to take a chance these might be an option

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Lol @LittleTones. Yeah I'm poor. Thanks for the info I didn't know about these forks. Have you ever tried them? I've got some old Bombers on my hardtail and I like them.

craig1975
    Free Member

I'm selling these, and open to offers 😉pikes

PJM1974
    Free Member

Can't really go wrong with Pikes. I've two sets and swear by them.

LittleTones
    Free Member

Yes I'm poor. I bought a new Trance X frame, meaning to replace the Forks off my old Trance. Despite my calculations and measurements the steerer was 5mm too short so I bought a set of the Marzocchi 44s. I only got them on Friday and haven't ridden them yet. I took a chance because of the 3 yr warranty despite all the bad reputation Marzocchi seems to have had recently.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I'm not sure I want to risk the Morzocchi's. It seems that their reputation has gone down hill a lot which is a shame. I'd quite like a good second hand set of 140mm Vanilla R's if I can find some.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘140mm Forks for under £300’ is closed to new replies.