Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 140mm Forks
  • edinburghbiker
    Free Member

Hey all. Would you folks say a 140mm Rockshox Sektor is suitable for an AM hardtail?

blob
    Free Member

yes

patriotpro
    Free Member

absolutely no way

jimthelad
    Free Member

They look very skinny IRL. I’m glad I didn’t buy them. I have some Pikes for sale. Here

maxsatnav
    Free Member

love my sektors on a Crush

br
    Free Member

Yes, but also look at Thor’s – Allterrain were selling them at £400

beanieripper
    Free Member

whats am mean? are you really riding all of the mountain? which type of mountain are you riding?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Some random piss taking up there! ^^^^^

Anyway (today is my helpful day!) : I’ve for solo air sektors and they are basically last generation Revelations without adjustable threshold.

Try and get some with 15/20mm axles if that suits your wheels.

beanieripper
    Free Member

im not taking the piss, it’s a ridiculous question…im currently using 140mm revs and im just mincing about on long xc rides (obviously ive got the wrong fork)…they will either feel good or bad depending on what frame the op is using…

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

beanie – my post was aimed at the 1st 3. If he’s got an “am” hardtail capable of 140 forks then he’ll be fine.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Pikes are fine on my BFe, I thought sektors were stiffer?

Northwind

Nah, Sektors are less stiff than Pikes- as mentioned above they’re basically a low-spec Revelation. Still perfectly good for the job, though!

I_Ache
    Free Member

But they are a newer design so I would have thought they would be at least as stiff. Granted I have never ridden sektors and I find my pikes floppy compared to my lyriks

robhughes
    Free Member

(and I find my pikes floppy compared to my lyriks )
    Well i never…you don,t say.Nothing to do with 35mm…. 😕

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘140mm Forks’ is closed to new replies.