Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 140mm fork? RS RVL vs Fox Float vs Manitou Elite vs ???
  • dothecrux
    Free Member

Hi guys!

I ride a Yeti 575 ('07) currently with Fox Float 140RLC ('06), which works pretty well, but just to get some new stuff once in a while, I'm considering changing the forks.

How does a RS Revelation Race (non U-turn) 09/10 (dunno if there's much difference) compare to the similar recent Fox Floats.
    Talking 140mm / 5.5" fixed travel.
    The RS is less than half the price.

Any comments?
    Anybody rode both brands?
    Other similar forks to consider (e.g. Manitou Elite MRD)?

Cheers,
    Simon

NB: Reg. QR 'cause I like my current wheels alot

steve_b77
    Free Member

I've got '08 revs and really like them, saying that I've ridden two bikes with '09 Float 140's on them and they're nice too

hugh_b
    Free Member

i've had both, for me it's rockshox every-time! The floats don't actually have the advertised travel (normally 10-15mm less), they have a far stricter maintenance routine too and many report problems of stanchion wear.
    The 20mm maxle is also a lot stiffer.

I'm actually selling a set of 09 4 month old rev's with maxle in classifieds as i have a new build on the way.

Wookster

got two sets of qr 15 floats (rlc's) been excellent so far mate one pair is a year old now and no issues really reccomend them.

stu-pid
    Free Member

I had a set of manitou minute mrd's, awesome forks, really plush, very good seals but although it was advertised as 130mm travel i could only get 115mm, the fox forks are very good to begin with but generally seem to need a lot more maintenance to keep them good.
    Ive just got the 2010 rev race with the maxle lite & can honestly say its the best fork ive ridden & incredible value, actually gets the whole 150mm travel!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘140mm fork? RS RVL vs Fox Float vs Manitou Elite vs ???’ is closed to new replies.