Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 1,032 total)
  • "1,400 children were subjected to "appalling" sexual exploitation in Rotherham"
  • Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Americans are allowed to adopt children and they have controlled immigration in their country.

A controlled immigration that lets in a lot more poor folk from the third world than we do. They even give away green cards

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diversity_Immigrant_Visa

Imagine UKIP ever doing that?

I am surprised some here don’t believe political correctness was an issue in this case. It seems very clear to me the council and the police where concerned about accusations of racism and so did not progress the investigations and take action as they should have done for fear of being labelled as “racist”

Do explain.

As an aside UKIP isn’t against immigrants or immigration it’s against uncontrolled immigration from the EU.

I reckon statistically UKIP members are more likely to be prejudiced, so they were making the right call in the interests of the children. Even if they weren’t actually racist, the fact that these types constantly hark on about immigration is enough to take them out – when they could be placed with foster parents that will better suit the children.

But nooo, it’s all about the poor little UKIPers….not the kids.

mudmuncher

Tom_W1987 – Member

so your view is that all UKIP members should be banned from fostering as their views will conciously or unconciously damage the self image of immgrant children in their care, or conciously or unconciously pass on their views to non-immigrant children in their care

Yup.

Do you think if the foster parents were really racist they would be happily fostering foreign children?

Just because one of UKIP’s policies is they believe there should be tighter controls on immigration doesn’t mean it’s supporters are racist or even against some immigration for that matter.

It’s common sense, this country is full to capacity but unfortunately anyone who states the obvious is branded a racist by the PC lunatics. The irony is many of the most vociferous critics that the UK’s immigration is out of control are the first wave immigrants themselves.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Do you think if the foster parents were really racist they would be happily fostering foreign children?

Just because they might not be racist, still doesn’t mean they should keep the children. As I’ve already said, if they thought foster parents with cultural attitudes that better fitted the children could be found, then that is the best course of action.

It’s common sense, this country is full to capacity but unfortunately anyone who states the obvious is branded a racist by the PC lunatics. The irony is many of the most vociferous critics that the UK’s immigration is out of control are the first wave immigrants themselves.

No, you just have a case of unfounded feelings of persecution. You’re trying to twist the welfare of children for you’re own political agenda.

mudmuncher

Tom_W1987 – Member

I reckon statistically UKIP members are more likely to be prejudiced, so they were making the right call in the interests of the children.

But nooo, it’s all about the poor little UKIPers….not the kids.

Using your warped argument could we not also say that Pakistani men are more likely to rape children therefore they should not be allowed to adopt white kids, or teach them or be within 100m of them etc.?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Using your warped argument could we not also say that Pakistani men are more likely to rape children therefore they should not be allowed to adopt white kids, or teach them or be within 100m of them etc.?

The statistics say they aren’t though….sorry…. :mrgreen: …..you racist. (I’m deadly serious with the latter accusation btw, you walked right into it)

As I’ve already said, it’s not about the risk of outright racism….it’s about the cultural fit. This is an area of study that has received considerable attention over the years.

Evidence only suits you when it suits your own agenda doesn’t it?

mudmuncher

…..you racist.

Er, no.

I guess you’re probably trolling on your lunch break at Rotherham council. Get back to your desk they’ll be round shortly with your P45

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I guess you’re probably trolling on your lunch break at Rotherham council. Get back to your desk they’ll be round shortly with your P45

Why else would accuse Pakistani men of being more likely to rape, when the evidence points to that not being the case? :mrgreen:

Let me think? Errrr…. racism?

epicyclo

wwaswas – Member
    epicyclo – I don’t know the details but I believe you can accept a caution without formally admitting guilt.

Police issue cautions, no need for CPS involvement.

That makes more sense. Thanks.

mudmuncher

Why else would accuse Pakistani men of being more likely to rape, when the evidence points to that not being the case?

Let me think? Errrr, racism?

I did say using YOUR warped argument

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I did say using YOUR warped argument

With an example of something that you thought was true.

My “warped arguments” are evidenced in peer reviewed literature, which I’m sure you’d understand if you went away and performed journal searches.

mudmuncher

With an example of something that you thought was true.

My “warped arguments” are evidenced.

I was actually ridiculing your logic.

If you support UKIP (which I don’t for the record) then you are a racist unfit to foster children is as ridiculous as if you are a Pakistani man then you are a rapist.

There is no denying a small proportion are UKIP voters are racist and a small proportion of Pakistani men are rapists but that doesn’t mean you should tar them with the same brush.

rossatease
    Free Member

Pakistani men are more likely to degrade women generally, I’m afraid that’s a fact and none believers well I wouldn’t think they’d worry too much what happens to them.

Interesting point on the radio though. One ‘complaint’ against Cliff Richard v 1400 complaints by homeless kids as far as reaction by our dearly beloved Police Force seems just a tad out of kilter.

But, there are also issues ‘controlling’ these kids at the homes they are in, they get out, they are vulnerable, want to be seen as worthwhile, some bastard buys them a drink tells them they’re his girlfriend, it’s a shoe in and very difficult for the actual social service types on the ground to deal with, until there is a complaint and in that case, it is squarely the fault of the police for not acting.

As for the cultural thing it’s a nightmare, we have become the focal point for escapees from almost every trouble spot in the world, even my sleepy town as nightly inter factional fights between Afghans and Kosovans, presumably Sunni v Shia, I don’t know, but you can bet your life they treat the opposite sect in every bit the same way they’d treat indigenous girls of any colour so it’s not only racially motivated.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I was actually ridiculing your logic.

If you support UKIP (which I don’t for the record) then you are a racist unfit to foster children is as ridiculous as if you are a Pakistani man then you are a rapist.

Did I say it was to do with racism? It’s all about the cultural fit of the family and the consequent mental health outcomes for the children.

You were the one who brought up racism, I never did.

Afghans

Oh well, you or your children will have to put up with more of it when climate change makes the equatorial regions uninhabitable.

dannyh
    Free Member

Strewth – and still it goes on.

Tom_W1987 – are you a real person, or has someone finally worked out an algorithm to generate obtuse, blustering, yet seemingly (at face value) on-topic double-speak? If so, I particularly like the way this algorithm can respond to every question whilst eventually looping back to the same discredited opinion.

Maybe this algorithm has only just made it into the public domain having previously only been employed by politicians?

Whatever is going on here, you are obviously crystal clear in your convictions. This is (at least partly) to be admired.

The only problem is that your convictions, when applied to this example, are leading to you denying the bleeding obvious.

It would be funny in another context, but in this case it isn’t. Not remotely.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Strewth – and still it goes on.

Tom_W1987 – are you a real person, or has someone finally worked out an algorithm to generate obtuse, blustering, yet seemingly (at face value) on-topic double-speak? If so, I particularly like the way this algorithm can respond to every question whilst eventually looping back to the same discredited opinion.

Maybe this algorithm has only just made it into the public domain having previously only been employed by politicians?

Whatever is going on here, you are obviously crystal clear in your convictions. This is (at least partly) to be admired.

The only problem is that your convictions, when applied to this example, are leading to you denying the bleeding obvious.

It would be funny in another context, but in this case it isn’t. Not remotely.

More bluster and no supportive argument.

Snore, I’ve been spoiled by Ernie and Junkyards retorts.

P.S. I’m pretty happy that you’ve ended up resorting to the type of argument that religious types did whenever they encountered Hitchens on a debate panel, that argument being one of squawking “You’re wrong” over and over again.

dannyh
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGZrdh0fJyU[/video]

Tom_1987 in action earlier………..

🙄

mudmuncher

If I join UKIP will they deport Tom_W1987

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Ahhh deportation of political enemies, the resort of fascists. :mrgreen:

badnewz
    Free Member

For all the posters talking sense on here (let’s face it, Tommy is the only one who isn’t), I’d advise them to check out the posts on Breitbart London. It seems sanity is slowly being restored and the country is lurching to the right, after 30 years plus of suicidal left-wing thinking.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I reckon if I was a bit racisty (just a little bit), a bit right wing, a bit bigoty, I’d wring my hands a bit more about political correctness and it being the cause of abuse continuing to happen. I’d probably take the word of those who allowed it to continue because they were afraid of the PC Brigade (whoever they are) at face value, without question. That would suit my agenda.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Breitbart London

A site run and owned by a tea party supporter, you’re teh lolz.

Lifer
    Free Member

DD nail/head.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I reckon if I was a bit racisty (just a little bit), a bit right wing, a bit bigoty, I’d wring my hands a bit more about political correctness and it being the cause of abuse continuing to happen. I’d probably take the word of those who allowed it to continue because they were afraid of the PC Brigade (whoever they are) at face value, without question. That would suit my agenda.

+1

I think we’ve outed some proper racists here. 😈

wwaswas

DD nail/head.

indeed, a very convenient get out of jail free card (perhaps literally) for some.

badnewz
    Free Member

The problem is Tommy, by using the racist-accusation, you’re using an increasingly defunct language.
    He’s against mass immigration – racist.
    He criticises political correctness – racist.
    He dares question the wisdom of the cultural revolution – racist.
    It’s been done to death and people are increasingly unafraid of it.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

The problem is Tommy, by using the racist-accusation, you’re using an increasingly defunct language.
    He’s against mass immigration – racist.
    He criticises political correctness – racist.
    He dares question the wisdom of the cultural revolution – racist.
    It’s been done to death and people are increasingly unafraid of it.

For none of that, for saying that Pakistanis are more likely to sexually abuse girls. An unfounded accusation which reveals his true self.

wwaswas

He dares question the wisdom of the cultural revolution

I do love this phrase in relation to the changes in Western society over the past 50 years – is it something Fox News use?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I was about to flame Lifer till I saw the “/” 😀

Look, I’m as horrified by the stories as the next guy, but wwaswas ^ elucidates my point perfectly. It’s an awfully convenient excuse for not doing one’s job. “Oh, the PC Brigade was doing an inspection downstairs so I just sort of rearranged my “to investigate” list to make sure we were concentrating on taking children from white heterosexual smoking males instead of on Pakistani Taxi Drivers raping young girls.” I’m surprised it’s being accepted without question by so many. 😐

badnewz
    Free Member

For none of that, for saying that Pakistanis are more likely to sexually abuse girls. An unfounded accusation which reveals his true self.

That wasn’t my point back in the foggy mists of yesterday. My point was:
    “the allegations were not properly investigated before because the abusers were asian and the white staff were worried they would be accused of racism.”

You then went off into hysteria-mode, played the racist card, and bish bash bosh, here we are!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

That wasn’t my point back in the foggy mists of yesterday. My point was:
    “the allegations were not properly investigated before because the abusers were asian and the white staff were worried they would be accused of racism.”

You then went off into hysteria-mode, played the racist card, and bish bash bosh, here we are!

A point you made to try and counter my UKIP racism troll, unfortunately it turned out I have some evidence to back up my claim.

“A study I co-authored last year with Matthew Goodwin and David Cutts took a look at the attitudes and preferences of a large sample of over 4,000 Ukip voters gathered just after the 2009 European Parliament elections – Ukip’s biggest electoral triumph to date. We looked at British voters’ attitudes towards immigrants, Muslims and ethnic minorities, and in each case we found the same thing: Ukip were less likely to hold intolerant views than the BNP, but more likely than the supporters of any of the three maintream parties. I’ll take them in turn.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/robert-ford/are-ukip-supporters-racist_b_2193055.html

Where as you made a claim that does not have any evidence to back it up, as such, it was derived from racist thinking.

badnewz
    Free Member

I do love this phrase in relation to the changes in Western society over the past 50 years – is it something Fox News use?

“Cultural revolution” was used in my school textbooks (and I went to a very liberal comp), and I think it is a historical term to describe social changes which is used by those on the left and the right. It is an increasingly politically loaded term, I’d grant you – that’s partly why I use it!

wwaswas

“Cultural revolution” was used in my school textbooks

specifically in relation to China, I suspect?

It seems to be shorthand for unwelcome and enforced change imposed by radical left wingers in the context you use it.

badnewz
    Free Member

Where as you made a claim that does not have any evidence to back it up, ergo, it’s racist.

I don’t think the founding fathers of Western philosophy would be too convinced by your “ergo”. My point was about political correctness!

Btw, when you debate with someone, do you automatically picture them as Bernard Manning?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Btw, when you debate with someone, do you automatically picture them as Bernard Manning?

Nope, I just automatically assume everyone else is wrong.

mefty
    Free Member

Look, I’m as horrified by the stories as the next guy, but wwaswas ^ elucidates my point perfectly. It’s an awfully convenient excuse for not doing one’s job. “Oh, the PC Brigade was doing an inspection downstairs so I just sort of rearranged my “to investigate” list to make sure we were concentrating on taking children from white heterosexual smoking males instead of on Pakistani Taxi Drivers raping young girls.” I’m surprised it’s being accepted without question by so many

Of course it could be a convenient excuse, but the best evidence we have, the report, suggests it was a factor.

badnewz
    Free Member

specifically in relation to China, I suspect?

Alas we didn’t get as far as China. No it was used to denote the social changes in the UK in the late 50s and 60s (the pill, change to divorce laws, changes to crime and punishment legislation). I think the term “social revolution” was also used.

badnewz
    Free Member

Nope, I just automatically assume everyone else is wrong.

Probably a good place to start from, I admit. I do love the similar Brian Clough quote!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

the pill, change to divorce laws

Ahhhh it’s a shame women got more power over their own bodies and lives.

I bet you’d love living in Saudi Arabia. :mrgreen:

Also, don’t take me personally. I love a good argument, the racism accusation wasn’t entirely meant.

badnewz
    Free Member

I bet you’d love living in Saudi Arabia.

I’d argue my negative attitude towards mass immigration stems from the fact I would rather not live in Saudi Arabia (unless I owned all the oilfields, naturally).

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Of course it could be a convenient excuse, but the best evidence we have, the report, suggests it was a factor.

Factor. Indeed.

Which of course suggests it’s not the only thing at play here. And, as subjective an opinion as this is, I don’t believe it’s as big a factor as those who live under the oppressive shadow of the PC Brigade want to think.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 1,032 total)

The topic ‘"1,400 children were subjected to "appalling" sexual exploitation in Rotherham"’ is closed to new replies.