Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 140 or 150 travel for XC / AM use?
  • jamesb
    Free Member

Which is best compromise between uphill stability and downhill bump eating? For use with BFe for general duties, not freeride / downhills. AND is there a difference in crown / axle heights between RS and Fox for equiv travels? eg would a 150 Fox have same eventual frame angles as a 150 mm RS
    ta

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’ve had a few forks on my BFe now. 160mm was fun downhill but could be a problem on steep climbs sometimes. 150 not bad (and what’s fitted currently) but 140mm was probably the best for general riding.

I’ve got a set of coil Pikes on my Soul but I reckon they’ll eventually find themselves on the BFe and the Soul will go back to a 120mm air fork.

jamesb
    Free Member

Cheers epicsteve and that`s very helpful info; glad someone else goes through a range of forks too ; have used Pace RC40 100-130 coils , OK, RS Revs dual position 150/120, lovely forks on small bumps, etc BUT appears to be big issue with forks settling into an excessive sag position after downhills (eg 40% sag) and not rcovering unless unweighted 🙁 🙁 , 2nd set now and same issue>> back to RS for refund hence looking for something else

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘140 or 150 travel for XC / AM use?’ is closed to new replies.