Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 135×12 rear axle – do they exist? Why can't I find one?
  • scaled
    Free Member

This is driving me nuts.

I’ve got a 135×12 DT Swiss RWS on my nukeproof mega, that’s all good.

On the new (second hand) Meta 5.5 it’s got the optional 135×12 dropouts, they don’t have a thread in the dropout for a RWS type thing.

I’d rather assumed that I could just log on to CRC and get a 12mm bolt through rear axle but I can’t find one, anywhere. What should I be looking for?!

brant
    Free Member

No thread suggests using Shimano one.

barffy
    Free Member

Tried BETD?
    I had a mare getting just the normal maxle as a replacment for the DT Swiss (no longer made apparently) for my mega.

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

I have a used but mint condition 135 x12 mm Maxle if you are stuck let me know.

legend
    Free Member

A maxle’s not going to help when there’s not a thread in the dropout

scaled
    Free Member

Someone put a link up to one on BETD the other day i think (are they the ones that are for sale?) but they were out of stock.

This really shouldn’t be that hard

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

sorry I need to read thread properly in future

amedias
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple of unused anodized blue SS Alu ones in a bag in the loft I think, I ordered the XL ones but I think I got standard length as they never fitted my frame.

Can measure to confirm if you’re interested drop me a mail/

accu
    Free Member

as brant said shimano..
    this should solve the problem..
    shimano sm-ax75 e-thru 12mm with QR
    or the saint version….sm-ax 80 (two versions for 135×12 or 150×12)

leeroybrown
    Free Member

Do you want some 10mm or QR drop outs for the meta if you wanted to change from 12mm

scaled
    Free Member

Hi leeroy,

Thanks for the offer, but that wouldn’t fit in with my plan to buy carbon wheels for my Mega and put the old ones on the girlfriends Meta 😉

scaled
    Free Member

This thread has brought me some solace.

The axle for the meta turned up today after much hunting. I’m a bit sad that the bike got nicked before I got a chance to affix wheels to it, however knowing what a bastard its going to be for the thief or fence to find a way to affix a wheel to those bloody drop outs.

Hooray for a plethora of standards.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Thats crap. Advertise it and see who you might bump into on the www :O)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘135×12 rear axle – do they exist? Why can't I find one?’ is closed to new replies.