Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 135mm skewer options (qr / 10mm / 12mm)????
  • Steveo

I'm building a dh/fr bike that has 135 dropout spacing. The rear wheel will be running a Hope Pro2 (135mm).

I have always used 135mm qr for all my bikes in the past and I'm not really up to speed on the rear axle options available these days. I hear of 9/10 and 12mm options but I'm not sure whats what.

What options can/should I run which work with the 135mm Hope Pro 2 hub. Hub is in qr mode so pointers on how to change if necessary would be helpful.

Many thanks

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Maxle here on my Nicolai, with Pro2. Faultless.

Steveo

Maxle? Heard of it. Guessing its like a maxle front 20mm with a qr type lever. What size are they in the rear and where do you get them?

GavinB

What frame are you running, and what drop outs does it have, as that dictates which fixing method you can use?

Steveo

Intense SS with 135mm dropouts. Came with adapter/spacer things for either qr, 10 or 12mm axles. I have a pair of wheels with Hope Pro 2's I will be putting on it. The rear is setup for 135mm qr. I was just wondering if I should beef it up a bit and how I should do it?

GavinB

You can get adapter kits for the standard QR hubs. If you can go 12mm then no real reason not to that I can think of. You'll need to get a QR for it too, or a bolt up axle.

Something like this

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘135mm skewer options (qr / 10mm / 12mm)????’ is closed to new replies.