Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 135mm rear axle Q
  • rossburton
    Free Member

So hopeful new frame has “standard” 135×10 dropouts. Wheels from here have 142×12 at the moment but they’re Superstar Switch hubs so I can buy replacement axles. Superstar only have 135×10 though-axle adapters, the QR ones are out of stock. Superstar used to sell 135×10 QR through-axles, but they’re out of stock. So I’m kind of shafted.

So, does anyone know where I can get reasonably priced 135×10 through axles, ideally QR, or does anyone have a spare 135×10 QR adaptor for a Switch hub (rebranded Novatec D882SB)?

otsdr
    Free Member

Ebay, alloy and steel.
    l.e. oops, steel only, alloy is for 772. …and yet, apparently the same?

rossburton
    Free Member

I’ve seen the first link and wondered why it’s double what Superstar where charging… 🙁

The second one is “mysterious” to say the least. 135×12 is a new one on me!

steezysix
    Free Member

Pretty sure I have a spare one, will have a look tomorrow and let you know!

Northwind

rossburton – Member

The second one is “mysterious” to say the least. 135×12 is a new one on me!

135×12 is the old maxle standard, it’s not compatible with your frame (though you can get stepdowns, it’s a long road to what you want to do, you’d need an adaptor and an adaptor for the adaptor)

rossburton
    Free Member

Ah, I’d never heard of it. Too many standards! The susser is all modern with syntace 142×12, and everything else has been good old 135×10 with a skinny QR skewer.

rossburton
    Free Member

steezysix, that would be much appreciated. I’m not sure what one you have (Switch adapter, or through axle) but either should work!

coblck
    Free Member

Im sure i have a one not being used (135x 10 superstar QR) email me and can send pics tomorrow colinblack1976 at gmail dot com

beaker

I ordered the steel axel in the above eBay link and it’s fine with my Switch Ultra rear.

steezysix
    Free Member

If I still have it, it’ll be the qr piece – that’s how my Switch wheels came originally, then I changed to the 10mm adaptor and axle.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘135mm rear axle Q’ is closed to new replies.