Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 13.2V Lumicycle battery – what alternative lamp units?
  • DoctorRad
    Free Member

I’ve got an old 13.2V Lumicycle battery, but both my old Halogen lamp units are buggered. I could refurbish them, but what options do I have for newer / better / more efficient alternative lamp units which will work with the battery?

BadlyWiredDog

Lumicycle’s own LED units? The Tiger Light ones which look great? Homebuilt Cutter conversion of your existing can maybe.

Stoner
    Free Member

ask troutie what voltage range his XPE will run off?
    http://www.troutie.com/Product%20page%201.html

what’s “knackered” about your old cans?

brassneck

Can’t see how they’d break badly enough to not be worth repairing, there’s not much in there. Of course if you want something new and shiney..

But I bought a NightLightning iBlaast II which I’m very happy with – the handlebar mount is crappy, but I wear it on my hat anyway, the light is great – far far better than the HID I smashed, and not much more than the replacement bulb.

But trouties kit looks great, I’d like some just because I’m a light geek as well 🙂

Jezkidd
    Free Member

I had the same issue, got a lumi led, seem best value for money for the least faff. Great piece of kit, can’t fault it. Bright too: during the day I occasionally use it to shine messages onto the surface of the sun 😆

DoctorRad
    Free Member

Power just not getting through to bulbs on old cans, could replace innards, but thought I might investigate LED alternatives for greater efficiency…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘13.2V Lumicycle battery – what alternative lamp units?’ is closed to new replies.