Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 130mm Pike on a 2015 Giant Anthem?
  • daddyzord
    Free Member

Currently got stock 32mm diameter 120mm Fox Float performance forks on a 2015 Anthem SX. Pie eating being my second favourite hobby they flex a touch. I originally had a look at x fusion sweeps with the rough cut damper because they are easily adjustable r.e. travel but second hand ones are almost non existent.
    I have however now noticed a few 130/160 adjustable pikes on eBay and am wondering whether it might be a good move? I could buy say a 150mm pike and a new air shaft thingy but that seems a bit of a faf and pricey.
    Fitted a 130mm pike will make the bike a touch slacker at about 88 deg and the B.B. maybe 5 mm higher.Rear travel is 100mm ( which I am happy with )
    The floats I have don’t give me anywhere near 120mm travel anyway, more like 105.
    I don’t ride hard per se but am a bit heavy and can get a bit ragged at times.
    Googling doesn’t seem to pull a great deal up r.e. 130mm forks on an Anthem.
    Would be interested in people’s thoughts?

mark90
    Free Member

I only had 120 Reba’s on my Anthem so can’t speak from experience, but have a read here…….

2014 Giant Anthem 27.5 hype bike

daddyzord
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply Mark. That happens to be the only decent article I have found so far which is surprising seeing as so many people have Anthems. I’d have thought loads of people would have considered or tried what I am thinking.
    2018 Anthems are 130mm front,110 rear but the frames might be made stronger around the head tube? I know they have a steeper seat tube and have a longer reach than my frame, as is the trend.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    I’m running what is supposed to be 120mm Fox 34’s on my 2016 Anthem 29er (although there is 126mm showing on the stantions)
    No issues at all and very happy with it
    Cheers
    Steve

mjsmke

Changing the air shaft is easy if your’re careful not to scratch anything. Then give them a lower leg service at the same time. Then sell the old air shaft on.

With the bottomless tokens its also easier to tune Rockshox forks to achieve full travel.

hols2
    Free Member

2018 Anthems are 130mm front,110 rear but the frames might be made stronger around the head tube?

Unless you suddenly start doing huge drops, the difference in stress between a 120 mm fork and 130 mm will be insignificant. It might void the warranty, but it’s not going to cause your head tube to suddenly shear off if you ride it like it’s an XC bike.

tinybits
    Free Member

I had a pair of Revelations on mine (2008 26er) that went from 120mm to 150mm. 120 was great, really strong fork and the tracking was great. 150mm and the bike just lost that lovely snappy anthem feeling and was totally out of balance with the back end. I’d stick to 120mm out of preference (now on 120mm on a 29er)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘130mm Pike on a 2015 Giant Anthem?’ is closed to new replies.