Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • 130-140mm 29er/140-150mm 27.5" Full Sus: definitive list?
  • Northwind

tenacious_doug – Member

Indeed, but be sure and try for size first, I found the sizing really weird.

Hah, yeah, I forget that- I testrode a 29er and 650b on the same day, the guy running the demo gave me 2 different sizes, he wasn’t wrong either

They do seem to be stinking value though. And the carbon’s got a <spit> new standard rear axle

b45her
    Free Member

http://www.cube.eu/bikes/fullsuspension/stereo/cube-stereo-140-super-hpc-tm-275-carbonnflashred-2015/

sub 3 grand – carbon, pikes, 11 speed, proper tyres and a hair over 26lbs.

ob done.

got one coming in january.

scotlandthedave
    Free Member

Horses for courses of course but that’s why I’ve discounted any of the above from my shortlist.

i read your review with interest doug, as i’ve also been annoying the guys at pedals regarding a side-by-side demo of the transition scout and the banshee spitfire. they mentioned the smuggler and really rated it and offered me a test ride, but the scout has stolen my heart for the time being 🙂 so have you dropped the smuggler and the phantom from your list? or were you talking about other bikes in the list?

Cheers

oldfart

I’m having big fun on my Process314DL , got it for 700 squid off RRP 🙂 Think there are still some knocking about for £2K on tinterweb .

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

i read your review with interest doug, as i’ve also been annoying the guys at pedals regarding a side-by-side demo of the transition scout and the banshee spitfire. they mentioned the smuggler and really rated it and offered me a test ride, but the scout has stolen my heart for the time being so have you dropped the smuggler and the phantom from your list? or were you talking about other bikes in the list?

Smuggler is top of my list at the moment I reckon, Remedy is a contender but I don’t think it’s going to work out cost wise….there’ll be a review up on that in the morning. Just waiting to see what the new Evil 29er due in a few weeks turns out to be before I commit the cash to the Smuggler.

timber

I’m looking for a similar 650b at the moment.
    Have got the test rides down to Pyga 140, Whyte 130/150, Saracen Ariel, Bird Aeris and a Kona Process if I can find one to test.
    Canyon Spectral looks good on paper, but no way to check fit as I am probably between sizes.
    Just got to sort some house move stuff, like build a shed.

WildHunter2009

New Reign? Looks like an absolute beast and the maestro bikes pedal well. Also like the look of the process range, new transitions, the aeris etc.

Stoner
    Free Member

thanks everyone. That’s a great list to do some internet fwapping over one dark evening in front of the fire. Fortunately for me, at 6’4″ sizing is almost an irrelevance – if Im not an L or XL, then who the hell is? 🙂

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

They do seem to be stinking value though. And the carbon’s got a <spit> new standard rear axle

I rode the carbon one, the stiffness in the rear end is noticeable so I’m pretty positive about the new “standard” if I’m honest.

http://www.descent-world.co.uk/2014/11/21/new-school-29ers-pt2-trek-remedy-9-8/

r53sport
    Free Member

Please do get in contact if you are looking to demo a PYGA.
    info@r53sport.com

Rickos
    Free Member

b45her – where are you getting one of those Cube Stereo TMs from in January? Online sites show them as early March and I don’t want to wait that long for a new bike.

b45her
    Free Member

work at a cube dealership, just going off what the chaps in holland told me when i asked them back last September. i have seen the bike in the flesh though and its very very nice.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘130-140mm 29er/140-150mm 27.5" Full Sus: definitive list?’ is closed to new replies.