Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 12×142 DT Swiss/giant bolt up axle alternatives
  • georgecats_0
    Free Member

Because I can’t get one from the giant dealers I’ve contacted, is there an alternative? I read online that the giant one required has a different thred, anyone got one or know of an alternative?

domderbyshire
    Free Member

I’ve seen the Giant ones on eBay, so it’s worth a look there.

climbingkev
    Free Member

My NP Mega had a DT one that broke found a replacement for £60!!!! Got a Rockshox one for £20ish. Works fine. Worth a look/try/borrow a mates for 2 mins, unlike some standards this is a fairly standard standard!

nickdavies

There’s three different 142×12 mm standards, DT swiss do a ratchet qr that works perfectly on all of them, you just need to know the right one. Crc have them for around £25.

I had a quick Google and crc reviews say the x12 doesn’t fit, I think it’s the e-thru you need as if you google giant e-thru its a bit more positive. You’d think giant would be more helpful- there’s even a post on their fb asking which system it is and they’ve just replied the specs are 142×12….

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/dt-swiss-rws-e-thru-alloy/rp-prod123930

My money would be on that, don’t blame me if it doesn’t fit though! You could probably buy one of each and send 2 back if you were careful with them.

georgecats_0
    Free Member

Thanks all, for the help and advise, will take advantage of CRC!

jonnyrockymountain

I use shimano one?

nickc

There’s a Shimano a Rockshox and the original Syntace. I think they’re all different (don’t know about the Syntace) but I know for certain the the screw pitch on the Shimano and Rockshox are different.

Can you not get one from direct from Giant, rather than the rubbish LBS’?

georgecats_0
    Free Member

Nickdavies, thanks you were right ,it was an ethru, I’m sorted now!!

nickdavies

🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘12×142 DT Swiss/giant bolt up axle alternatives’ is closed to new replies.