Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 12mm/maxle through conversion…
  • passtherizla
    Free Member

After a bit of advice please guys….

I’d like to change the rear dropouts on my meta team 2011 to 12mm bolt through/Maxle. I can get the parts no problem.

The real question is with regard to my rear hub.

I have Mavic Crossride disc wheels that came with the bike… Can i change the rear hub to work with a 12mm through axle? Or do i need to buy a new one? if so what do I need to buy? Do Mavic do one that i could get hold of? the place where hub meets spoke is different to the normal holes I have been seeing on pretty much every other hub.

Ideally i’d like to be able to take the wheel to a shop and reuse everything but the hub if it can be converted.

Many Thanks,
    Andy.

karen805
    Free Member

You can’t convert a Mavic Crossride hub to 12mm as far as I know, so you’d need to replace it. You should be able to re-use your rim and spokes with a new hub, so I’d speak to your LBS and see if they can do this for you.

I use Hope Pro 2 Evo hubs with a 12mm rear, but there are others available. The Pro 2 Evo is £130 from CRC, and a complete wheel is £180 ish, so you have to weigh up the options of just buying a new wheel. (I bought my Hope Hoops from my LBS for less than CRC list them for).

Hopefully someone else can give you more information about different hub brands though..

passtherizla
    Free Member

Cheers dude… looks like it’ll be a new wheel.. can’t find a 24h hub with 12mm through axle anywhere!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

Doubt it’ll be viable to replace the hub for a Crossride really.

alfabus
    Free Member

just bought some hope hoops from winstanleys, they seem to be consistently cheapest.

Dave

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘12mm/maxle through conversion…’ is closed to new replies.