Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 12mm road disc front hubs?
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

What’s out there?
    I don’t really want to spend a lot of money, a cheap, plain, cartridge bearing one would be fine. Would prefer centre loc but it seems Shimano don’t make them….
    I’ve also seen 15-12mm converters (basically a shim/tube thing. Anyone used one? Do they work?

Cheers 🙂

stevious

Am reasonably sure that my Novatec CXD wheels came with the right bits to convert to 12mm. I think the hubs are 881 or something like that?

6-bolt not centre loc.

kamenev
    Free Member

Superstars switch ultralite centre lock has the option of 12mm front however these don’t appear to be in stock. Some say that the superstar hubs are in fact in novatec hubs (rebadged) so you may be able to get novatec adapters to fit but it is worth e-mailing superstar.

Speaking of novatec the d771sb front hubs (which come in either cl or 6 bolt) have adapters to fit 12mm axles. Quite a few of the wheelbuilders like strada and bike clinic sell these hubs (although possibly not cl hubs) so it might be further e-mailing them. Bikestacja (polish website who quite a few folk here have used for wheel type products and also have an ebay site) definitely stock the cl variety but again it leaves you needing the adapters as they are only 15mm or qr.

Daffy

Chris King do a 12mm centre lock hub…not cheap though…

bob_summers

I’ve got a cheap, plain cartridge bearing centre lock hub made by Forumla – it’s 15mm but I would be very surprised if they don’t come in 12mm flavour too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘12mm road disc front hubs?’ is closed to new replies.