Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • 127 hours.
  • globalti
    Free Member

….and Danny Boyle is from here in Radcliffe.

I watched the film with my cycling buddy and his wife who are both medics. The cinema was empty apart from one other couple; when my buddy turned round he recognised the bloke as a colleague, a general surgeon from the hospital!

RustySpanner

camo16 – Member

@ samuri – I get the feeling that Rusty and DezB are the kind of dudes who think Mike Leigh’s Blethyn-laden travesty ‘Secrets & Lies’ is a proper classic.

Well, it’s no ‘Nuts in May’, but I did enjoy it. 😀

I can’t even tempt you with Cocktail?

I’d rather eat my own feet. 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Hang on! Have I been slagged off? for not liking Point Break? Ha!

Mike Leigh’s Blethyn-laden travesty ‘Secrets & Lies’ is a proper classic.

Never seen it. Not a Mike Leigh fan (apart from Nuts in May & Abigail’s Party (if that was him))

Born on the Forth of July is great. So is “Legend”… and Minority Report.
    Top Gun – didn’t make it to the end. Cocktail? Why would I watch that? Girl’s film innit.

higthepig
    Free Member

When 127 Hours first came out, someone on here suggested you watch it on re-wind, then it becomes a heart warming story of a disabled bloke who finds an arm jammed in a rock which fits and cures his limb deficiency. I’ve not watched it though so don’t know if this is true, I’d rather watch Top Gun or Cocktail!

DezB
    Free Member

Anyway, any film which uses Free Blood on the soundtrack is ok with me.

Kevevs
    Free Member

not a Mike Leigh fan? well just bugger off off this thread film loverz! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naked_(film)

camo16
    Free Member

not a Mike Leigh fan? well just bugger off off this thread film loverz!

Not a lover of Secrets & Lies… If I ever see Mike Leigh, I’ll be tempted to whack him on the nose for that one. One of the worst evenings EVER.

Hang on! Have I been slagged off? for not liking Point Break? Ha!

😆

RustySpanner

If I ever see Mike Leigh, I’ll be tempted to whack him on the nose for that one. One of the worst evenings EVER.

A mate of mine got dumped by his girlfriend and suggested a few of us go out for a beer and a meal, to cheer him up.

After a few beers we decided to go to the flicks and see whatever was on (Hebden Bridge, only one screen).

It was Nill By Mouth.
    Not the most lighthearted evening I’ve ever had, tbh. 😐

camo16
    Free Member

Rusty, I’ll see your Nill By Mouth and raise you Nosferatu. 😯

Cool film in its way, but NEVER to be viewed at a social gathering. After a while, that silence is a mood killer…

* shudders and thinks back to Point Break and happier, chilled out times *

RustySpanner

😀

philconsequence
    Free Member

*AHEM*

you’re all forgetting

gribble
    Free Member

Mamma Mia! is a better film than Point Break.

I cried when I read the above. What a great film point break is. Some classic lines, like the amazing ‘Lawyers don’t surf’ And you can’t (fact) slag off a film that has such a great collection of mullets in. You can probably tell I have a really sophisticated taste in films.

Going back to 127 hours, best part of the book is when he describes cutting through his nerves as like cutting through strands of pasta. Almost puts me off my lunch…

camo16
    Free Member

In the classic group I hope, Phil? 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

well put it this way…. i definitely dont remember steve boo-shemmy in 127 hours

samuri
    Free Member

I’ll finish with one thing the subject of Top Gun which is completely unarguable…..

Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins.

I’ll accept your apologies in money and beer.

camo16
    Free Member

How can you possibly hate a song with these lyrics?

You’ll never say hello to you
    Until you get it on the red line overload

and…

Revvin’ up your engine
    Listen to her howlin’ roar
    Metal under tension
    Beggin’ you to touch and go

Okay, beer?

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘127 hours.’ is closed to new replies.