Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 12/24 hour Mtb comps feb- end of May 2015
  • crosshair
    Free Member

Due to my job, I can’t get away from work for long enough to do a 24hr race between June and Feb. So does anyone know of any that run between Feb and May? Keen to try one in 2015….

I found info about the Exposure one in 2013 but no details about one running since 🙁 Shame as it was only just down the road.

Jason
    Free Member

SPAM’s Erlestoke 12hr race is normally on at the end of May, although that is ‘only’ 12 hours not 24. Gorrick 100 is early May, that is 100km so 6-8hrs for most people.

With the exception of Strafpuffer I can’t think of any 24hr races early in the year. Exposure 24 didn’t happen this year, I think due to the 24hr Worlds a week or two ago, and I am not sure if it will actually go ahead again due to low numbers last year. That probably only leaves Bontrager 24:12 and Mayhem for next year.

There are lots of overseas stage races early in the year if you are looking for a challenge.

crosshair
    Free Member

Thanks. I like the SPAM winter challenge and love the plain in general, so the Erlestoke ones a good plan.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Erlestoke 12 is a properly excellent event, even when it rains its brilliant.

pjt201
    Free Member

The 24hr of Finale is normally mid May, in Finale Ligure, Italy. Well recommended as a race, makes UK 24hr races look a bit rubbish in comparison…

singletrackmind

I CLIC24 still running ? Always used to be one of the first 12/24 hr races of the year . LAid back feel and not uber competitive with a very nice selection of cakes usualy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘12/24 hour Mtb comps feb- end of May 2015’ is closed to new replies.