Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 120mm straight steerer fork recommendations
  • fingerbang
    Free Member

hi, I want to upgrade the forks on my girlfriend’s bike so she’s less likely to fall off if we go on a mild xc ride,

its a merlin malt xc frame with 100mm travel magura forks. Really I want to put some fit and forget 120 travel forks on there

Im struggling to find anything that’s 26 inch, straight steerer, 120mm travel

Ive just spotted some 130mm travel Manitou match forks on CRC at £170 quid.

does anyone have any suggestions or shall I just keep trawling through ebay?

thanks

Junkyard
    Free Member

Rebas are a good fork and can be adjusted internally between 120 + 100mm

Nothing new I am aware of though

ineedabeer
    Free Member

Recentley put mani minutes on my full suss way better than the crappy dual air rebas they replaced, also got mani marvel on my hardtail and again very impressed both can be easily adjusted for more travel

matt_outandabout

Can you not stick with the Magura’s? Spend on a service?

aphex_2k
    Free Member

What about some 100-130 revelation upturn wound down to 120mm?

IdleJon

Why would she fall off with her current forks? And genuinely, does she need 120mm or more for a mild XC ride?

I struggled to find straight steerer 120mm (or more) forks for my HT as well recently. I eventually opted for Recons, as that was pretty much all I could find with the right combination of things I needed. Then, just after I ordered them I found some Rebas which seemed to be OEMs with the same internals as the Recons. However, the Recons work very, very well for the price I paid.

asbrooks

I too struggled to find a straight steerer 120mm fork. Even ebay bids were getting high for a second hand fork, most of them looked knackard. In the end I got some revelations from All tricks for about £250. Put another £50 to it and had them lowered at loco tuning.
    I really don’t know why I didn’t do it sooner, I’d been nursing a pair of Marz z1 from 2001 for so long. The revs are in another league.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘120mm straight steerer fork recommendations’ is closed to new replies.