• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 120mm forks Sids or Rebas?
  • richmtb

So I’m looking at some new 120mm forks for my Superlight.

There doesn’t seem to be a lot to choose between Reba’s and Sid’s

Sid are slightly more expensive but a bit lighter?

Don’t want to spend more than about 300 pounds

z1ppy

SID for racing (snakes), Reba’s for the rest of us.
    Bolt thru is mandatory 😉 & blackbox damping (or whatever it called now) if possible.

cp

Sid if you race, Reba if you don’t.

Ladders
    Free Member

Why SIDS if you race?

sambob
    Free Member

SIDs are lighter but more flexy.

GeForceJunky

Can’t really go wrong with Reba RL with a 15 or 20mm axle.

richmtb

Thanks Reba RLC off Merlin seem like a good bet ProII wheels so 15mm is a good idea too

mjsmke

Im using rebas with standard quick release. Dont notice and flex but then im only 10.5 stone.

v10
    Free Member

Some pure rubbish spoken on here…

Current Sid/Reba have identical lowers and csu – therefore a similarly specced Sid/Reba (tapered/bolt through option) will have identical stiffness.

Sid upgrades – 1 piece aluminium air top cap / drilled bushings / butted aluminium air shaft – all of which offer weight savings over the reba.

Sids also tend to be fitted with the better quality MoCo DNA Dampers over the standard MoCo in most Rebas which gives better damping quality (and a tiny weight saving).

Nobby

What v10 said ^^

mboy
    Free Member

Reba’s used to use a different lower leg casting, with more material on it, and the option of a 20mm Thru axle. Now they use the same casting I believe, and what V10 says is true of all new forks (both come in QR or 15mm axle, no 20mm any more).

Black Box damping, if you can afford it, is very worthwhile over and above normal Motion Control.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘120mm forks Sids or Rebas?’ is closed to new replies.