Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 120mm fork – any deals out there?
  • tonyd

I’ve never bought just a brand new fork, always either second hand or OEM, but it’s time I did. RRPs make me cringe though so I’m hoping there might be a deal out there I’ve not spotted.

Needs to be 120mm, tapered steerer, 15mm bolt through, and preferably white. My preference is the DT Swiss XMM120 as I had an older XMC130 that I loved (steerer too short for new frame or I’d have kept it, new CSU too expensive an option). Quite like the idea of a remote too. It’s going on an ASR5.

So, anyone know of any good deals on DT Swiss forks or have sensible suggestions on an alternative? This will last me a long time so I’d rather get the right fork than save £100.

Ta

Edit: 26″ – old skool, me.

chakaping
    Free Member

Look at the Manitou forks on CRC mate. Seem very bargainous.

tonyd

They do look cheap. Never used Manitou though so not too sure about them. A mate had some Minutes years ago, that’s the extent of my experience with them!

chakaping
    Free Member

Never used Manitou though so not too sure about them.

You and most of the rest of us, that’s why they’re cheap eh?

I’d take a punt myself though, heard some good stuff and CRC are very helpful with warranties/refunds IME.

jonnyrockymountain

bike24

tonyd

You and most of the rest of us, that’s why they’re cheap eh?

True enough. Not sure I want to spend this much money on an unknown though.

Jonny – thanks I’d seen bike24 and then couldn’t find it again. Did you get some in the end? From bike24? Any idea if there’s any difference in warranty buying from ze germans?

I might call into the LBS as I prefer to use them if they can get close enough in price (yes I understand they have overheads etc so not expecting price match). For this much money it would be comforting to know I can just drop it in if there are any issues, they can deal with the warranty side then…. Plus they’re a good bunch.

Thanks both.

jairaj

Manitous have some of the best damping available. Reliability is good these days too. They are not the stiffest forks but they are OK. If you are looking for a bargain they look like a good option.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘120mm fork – any deals out there?’ is closed to new replies.