Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • 120mm 29er forks with 1 1/8 steerer….. options and deals?
  • big_n_daft
    Free Member

any about for sensible money?

The Marzocchi 44’s on Winstanley’s site are tapered (as alledgedly are all the UK ones)

thanks for the help

and yes, it does need to be 120mm 😉

takisawa2

Do you actually need that much travel ?
    Only ask because 120mm travel feels like a lot more on a 29er. Well it did to me anyway.
    Not sure if 100mm might broaden the options though.

keavo
    Free Member

manitou tower pro/expert. nice forks at a reasonable price.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

These Marzocchi Superleggeras are internally adjustable to 120mm and are £300 squids 🙂

Edit; But not in stock! Think they have them @ bike24.de for similar cash

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member
    big_n_daft
    Free Member

it’s for a 2010 Turner Sultan, so 120mm needed to balance the bike

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I used a Reba Team 2010 on my Sultan, unfortunately you will struggle to find similar now as RS has a void in their range.

CheesybeanZ

manitou +1

big_n_daft
    Free Member

do Hotlines have the extra firm spring for the Tower Pro? or do I have to pester Manitou in the states?

belugabob
    Free Member

+1 for the Manitou tower pro
    Winstanleys got an extra firm spring for me.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

it seems it’s toss up between the Manitou Tower Pro and the Mz 44’s (someone alledgedly can get a 1/8th steerer version)

The both have similar systems (air spring with coil damping) the Manitou’s have springs for rider weight and the Mz 44’s seemingly don’t. That coupled with the weight and price difference has me leaning to the Manitou’s

emailed the Manitou tech support people and the right spring is on the way FOC (amazing service) so unless there is a really good reason not to it will be Tower Pro’s on my bike

Clobber
    Free Member

Aren’t the manitou’s a bit flexy and difficult to set-up right for the bigger riders? (if you are actually big and daft)

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Aren’t the manitou’s a bit flexy and difficult to set-up right for the bigger riders?

not according to most of the threads I’ve seem on mbr

(if you are actually big and daft)

yes, the description is accurate

Clobber
    Free Member

I’m sure I read the manitous weren’t any good for the big guys, I will have a look

Clobber
    Free Member
    big_n_daft
    Free Member

I read it and manitou seemed to have resolved most of the issues by the end of the thread

since they are sending the spring based on my weight hopefully if=t should be sorted. As I said above the Mz 44 has the same basic design but no spring options. Will I have an issue with them?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘120mm 29er forks with 1 1/8 steerer….. options and deals?’ is closed to new replies.