Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 120mm 29er forks recommendations please
  • ljs1977
    Free Member

What would you recommend on a 29 er hard tail for trail duties?

Reba? Which flavour?
    Floats? Which flavour?

Other?

Cheers

chopchop
    Free Member

Revelation RCT from CRC at @£290 have to be the best deal at the moment. 140mm but easily reduced to 120mm with the included spacer.

frogstomp

Not the standard choice but really happy with my new Manitou Tower Pros so far.. light, stiff and plush!

bigdean

Considered x fusion forks?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

X-fusion slide or trace?

hummerlicious
    Free Member

I’ve just got some X Fusion slide 29’s, they seem good, done a couple of hundred miles on them now.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Tower pro

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Hummerliscious – are you running them at 120mm on an ff29 or have I imagined that? If so how does the setup feel as I’m about to build the same thing?

roverpig

What do you guys with the X Fusion and Manitou forks do about getting them serviced?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Manitou are pretty much DIY. The customer service from the states is excellent as well. Loads on the Internet to help.

They do a tuning kit, the first company that I find that knows what they are doing with one will probably get mine for a fine tune

The qr15 is excellent

IvanDobski
    Free Member

X-fusion go back to upgrade.

dlr

I have some 120mm Tower Pros on my Scandal which transformed it compared to the Sid RCT3’s which barely worked. They did add weight but worth it. Only potential issue I have is the ABS has become really noisy when blowing off (snigger) especially if you have 4 or more clicks turned on. They werent like that at the start, anyone else get that? Might email CRC

I also picked up a pair of the “cheap” Rev RCT3’s mentioned above which I just put on a Horsethief I have built up, first off road ride in a bit so will update later 🙂

hummerlicious
    Free Member

IvanDobski – yeah 120mm on the FF29, awesome set up, it feels like a weapon through singletrack and downhill

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘120mm 29er forks recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.