Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 120mm 15mm 29er Fork to Replace Rochshox Reba's
  • grannyjone
    Free Member

I’m looking for a 120mm 15mm 29er Fork to Replace Rochshox Reba’s which, according to the Local Bike Technician, are knackered beyond economical repairs.

So far I have seen this for £130:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/rockshox-sektor-tk-solo-air-forks-15mm-2015/rp-prod158977?gs=1&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=Chain+Reaction-UK-PLA-PLA-All-DT-SE-Shopping+QLB+Product+Desktop&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mkwid|sGIO0sbVU_dc|pcrid|161846717734|pkw||pmt||prd|583579UK

Which is about the price I want to spend but they’re a lot heavier and they’re 140mm when I’m after 120mm.

Anyone know anything else of around that price that might be more suitable ?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

If you have no luck buying new I have some X-fusion slides for sale. 120mm travel, tapered steerer although it is fairly short at approx 170mm.

nickdavies

How knackered actually are they? You’d be surprised what’s fixable on a set of rebas as long as the stanchions aren’t buggered and there isn’t slop in the bushings.

Otherwise that’s a big step down – you’ll do much better with a decent set of second hand ones.

grannyjone
    Free Member

How knackered actually are they? You’d be surprised what’s fixable on a set of rebas as long as the stanchions aren’t buggered and there isn’t slop in the bushings.

They’re losing air but main problem is with only 60psi in them they feel stiff as hell. You can push down on them really hard and it takes a lot to get them to move. But despite the very stiff initial movement, they still bottom out very easily on any bigger hits!
    I can’t remember the technical details that the Local Bike Technician told me but he said he’ll never be able to get them to 100% again, maybe 60-80% of what they were when new. He said it will be £80+ and chances are the forks might be back in the same situation again 3-6 months later. Finally he recommended those aforementioned forks to me.

Otherwise that’s a big step down – you’ll do much better with a decent set of second hand ones.

That’s what I’ve been thinking. Saw a Rockshox Recon Solo Air 120mm on Ebay, hardly been used, £150-£200. Something like this looks like it might be a better option.

grannyjone
    Free Member

If you have no luck buying new I have some X-fusion slides for sale. 120mm travel, tapered steerer although it is fairly short at approx 170mm.

I’m not sure how much shorter 170mm is than my Rebas I’ll have to measure them. I’ve got some riser bars though which could compensate for the shorter fork so I could be interested. What price are they and how much use have they had?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Not a huge amount of use – 30 odd rides over the past year. You could have them for £130 posted.

I can email you pics if you like.

grannyjone
    Free Member

Not a huge amount of use – 30 odd rides over the past year. You could have them for £130 posted.

I’ll have a check tomorrow to see if the short steerer will fit the frame.
    Do these Forks require a Disc Brake size of no more than 180mm? I’m think my front disc is 200mm but I’ll have to check.
    Do they have 15mm through axle and are they for a 29er?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

15mm axle and 29er specific yes. Just googled and max rotor size is 180mm. Given second hand you’d not be voiding any warranty though.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Just measured steerer – 168mm. I’m going to relist them in the classifieds if you don’t want them.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    See this also in classifieds

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-reba-29-120

Not mine by the way and don’t know the seller.
    Cheers
    Steve

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘120mm 15mm 29er Fork to Replace Rochshox Reba's’ is closed to new replies.