Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • 12 hours on the f*cking motorway today (!!!) – 2 observations…
  • loddrik
    Free Member

on my journey from hell today I noticed two things

Firstly, long travel hardtails, they are everywhere, more than any other type of (enthusiasts) bike it seems these days, even more than FS maybe…

Secondly, I really could not believe the amount of people driving at 80-90mph and sending f*cking text messages!!!!!

Maybe they were updating twitter or facebook 'just about to kill some innocent people by my utter selfishness'….

flatfish
    Free Member

were you on the m5 past bristol today by any chance?

loddrik
    Free Member

Oh yes, I crawled from worcester to exeter more or less, took 7 hours from liverpool to exeter, should have taken 3.5 hrs!!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I really could not believe the amount of people driving at 80-90mph and sending f*cking text messages!!!!!

Gosh, how many were there ? 😐

And how did you know they were sending text messages ………were they sending them to you ?

flatfish
    Free Member

I went north from Bristol to Stroud and pointed and laughed, the mrs followed suit on the way to the outlaws.
    Drove back to bristol at 6.30, clear as anybody could ask for.
    Sorry if it sound like i'm gloating, but why travel at a ridiculous time on a saturday (friday anytime after 2 pm is as bad) when every other family, in school holidays, are travelling to Devon and Cornwall.
    Doesn't make sense to me.
    I also dread to think how full campsites are in the height of summer in the West Country.

Creg

I also dread to think how full campsites are in the height of summer in the West Country.

I used to work on one….ridiculously busy indeed. Usually built from May onwards with the summer months being filled to such capacity we had to open overflow fields.

loddrik
    Free Member

And how did you know they were sending text messages ………were they sending them to you ?

I think it's pretty obvious when you drive past someone or they drive past you and their eyes are fixed downwards to their hand which isn't on the wheel. People know they can get points for talking on the phone so texting seems to be the method of choice, which is absolutely insane IMO. At least when you are on the phone, though still not ideal, you have your eyes on the road!!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I think it's pretty obvious when you drive past someone or they drive past you and their eyes are fixed downwards to their hand which isn't on the wheel.

So that's what they're doing 😐

MrOvershoot

loddrik – Member

Oh yes, I crawled from worcester to exeter more or less, took 7 hours from liverpool to exeter, should have taken 3.5 hrs!!
    You might do it in that time if you left @ 2:00am but it would still require a 70mph average 😉

flatfish
    Free Member

if you left @ 2:00am

6.30pm from stroud to brizzle was lovely

nedrapier

I can't believe the standard of driving nowadays. .

The other day day, in heavy fog, I passed dozens of motorists doing in excess of 90mph. Unbelievable.

Del

I really could not believe the amount of people driving at 80-90mph and sending f*cking text messages!

amazing. i used to stick to 70 when i was skinning up on the dash of the rover.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Secondly, I really could not believe the amount of people driving at 80-90mph and sending f*cking text messages!!!!!

That is pretty shocking, that you could see it. Anyone with decent phone control can text without looking at the phone with it sat in their lap.

Flaperon

The other day day, in heavy fog, I passed dozens of motorists doing in excess of 90mph. Unbelievable.

Uhh… you might want to read that again… 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

So when would be the best time to pass Bristol on the M5 then?
    Going from the North to Exeter next week.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

We drove from brum to newquey and back today to rescue a mate who broke his collar bone. It took 8 hours going there and 4 coming back. The M5 south was hell.

I drive for a living and that was shocking.

As for folks texting and **** around on phones I see this every day. Without being sexist ect…young girls are the worst offenders.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Uhh… you might want to read that again…

😀 Awesome.

Burls72
    Free Member

So when would be the best time to pass Bristol on the M5 then?
    Going from the North to Exeter next week.

Not in daylight hours from early midday friday to late saturday evening during bank holidays or summer months. Might get lucky during those times but best avoided during. North bound as well.

konabunny
    Free Member

TBF when you're an officer of the law, people do expect you to set an example.

flatfish
    Free Member

as burls said, become a vampire.

carlosg
    Free Member

I left Padstow at 1.45pm yesterday and got home in Leeds at 9pm , just over 7 hours , if you'd listened to the radio there were plenty of warnings about the traffic being a nightmare.

Did most of the jouney at an indicated 70mph too , it's really strange when nearly everyone is passing you but you're doing the legal speed limit.

jam-bo

it's really strange when nearly everyone is passing you but you're doing the legal speed limit.

don't drive on motorways much then…

carlosg
    Free Member

jam bo – Member

don't drive on motorways much then..

as it happens no. obviously I know that the majority travel at more than they should (myself included on short journeys) , the strange feeling is how slow 70mph feels when it should be the maximum anyone is travelling at as they zoom past.

I saw a police documentry once where the traffic cop being interveiwed said 'I tend to ignore any vehicle going up to 85,it's too hard to make a conviction stick till they're going any faster'.

sambob
    Free Member

took us 7 hours to get home from Salcombe. M5 was horrible until north of the M4 junction. Sounds like it got worse after we went through? Sedgemoor services was closed because it was full and Gordano was heaving 🙁

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

😆

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘12 hours on the f*cking motorway today (!!!) – 2 observations…’ is closed to new replies.