Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • 11spd XTR – BOOOOM
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

comes down to whether you have to ride on the road IMO, if you never ride fire roads, tarmac etc then a low high gear isn’t an issue,

Since 10-42 is 1 gear each end away from a regular 2×10 then I guess it’s not unless your bringing triples into it.

mrmo
    Free Member

Since 10-42 is 1 gear each end away from a regular 2×10 then I guess it’s not unless your bringing triples into it.

exactly, you loose range going from 3-2 and again 2-1, depends on how much you are willing to loose, which depends on how and where you ride.

There is no right answer, just an answer.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Chainset reminds me of this:

D0NK

offering a triple in their flagship groupset? Surely no-one has bought one of those things for years?

cobblers, there’s plenty of people on here running triples. As northwind said 3×9 pretty much had all bases covered, 10spd made doubles almost as good, 11 should be for single ring, not sure of the point if you don’t. Cramming 10 cogs in an 11-32 cassette seemed way too close for offroad, they gonna try that in 11 too? The triple they have come up with seems daft, so much overlap. But each to their own, I never bother with triples as I grind the big ring on rocks too much, 32×11-36 should suit me for local rides but a 42 bailout gear would be nice, I’m gonna try a 42×11-36 on CX as that seems to cover the usual CX range and I’m guessing the bigger gaps won’t bother me. Big day out bike will always have a granny ring tho.

I suppose a modular system where you run same shifters mechs crank and chain and just decide on number of cogs & rings is out of the question? 3×9 2×10 1×11 all available from the same groupset?

A good chunk of the XTR market is the same as the BMW/Audi one, so long as it has the badge it’s the right one.

could be, I’m not normally an xtr customer, too tight/skint, just looking at what is in store for xt/slx. Underwhelmed so far.

matt_outandabout

£200 hanging off the back of your frame, near those pointy rocks…?
    *mutter, mutter, mutter*

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Just been looking at the XTR stuff on CRC. Compared with the XX1 it doesn’t seem too badly priced with the 10% off they’re doing for Easter, it works out about £560 for the full groupset.
    Still not sure about the crankset though 😕

njee20
    Free Member

Significant discount straight off, quite surprising.

Will it work on an XX1 cassette I wonder…

wwaswas

this’ll take the sting out of it 😉

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/psa-crc-10-off-79

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

Will it work on an XX1 cassette I wonder…

Also wondering this, though not for Di2, would the XTR mech and shifter work with the wider range SRAM cassette?
    Of course you could just go full SRAM, but for interests sake…

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘11spd XTR – BOOOOM’ is closed to new replies.