Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • £1100 for a 2 man tent – – ultimate bikepacking tent………
  • Rik
    Free Member

Thought – foook me!!

http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/Product_Type/Tents/Superlite_Tents/Voyager_Ultra_2_Tent.html

Got to be the ultimate bikepacking tent for fast and light adventures.

You could probably make it even lighter by replacing the poles with easton carbon ones.

simondbarnes

Think I’ll stick with my Easton Kilo!

sweepy
    Free Member

Its a bit poky

tony_m
    Free Member

You could buy a bike for that… 😉

Toasty

£1100 for a sheet and some poles, then of course you’ll need some more poles. Bet those 1 gram pegs would last long either 🙂

blablablacksheep
    Free Member

£1100 for a sheet and some poles, then of course you’ll need some more poles. Bet those 1 gram pegs would last long either

They most likely last longer than you will ….. 8)

Tbh £1k is pretty norm for those sorts of tents and doesnt even come close to some of the “proper” crazy hardcore tents i have seen.

my fav are the “eton” project style tents which are about 8 man size and cost around £10k+ they truely are wicked.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Titanium pegs = pegs for life.

Toasty

The 1g ones are like spokes though.

jameso

The 1g ones are like spokes though

Inspired. Thank you. : )

I need some light / smaller tarp pegs and I’m off for a 10-day ride at the weekend, it was one thing I’d forgotten – off to the garage to cut down some old spokes..

boltonjon

how pissed of would you be if someone ripped the chords whilst walking over it at Glastonbury????

Toasty

Inspired. Thank you. : )

Any time. Here, have an orange one too.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

How many nice B+B’s can you stay in for 1100 green queens FFS

leffeboy

Bit scared by the warranty though. Guaranteed for ‘the lifetime of the product’. Unfortunately the lifetime of the product may not be that long

” The life of a product depends greatly on how your product is used and cared for. For example, a tent used at altitude for an expedition is likely to be passed its useful life by the end of that trip, whereas irregular use and good maintenance (useful information can be found in our cleaning and maintenance section of the FAQ’s) can see a tent last for many years”

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Are you sure there’s not a typo with the price? 😯

ashfanman
    Free Member

how pissed of would you be if someone ripped the chords whilst walking over it at Glastonbury????

Awesomely relevant typo there, given you were talking about a music festival. 🙂

Um, not my first choice for weight or comfort, and the price is daft – mind you, there are a lot of daft people out there, just look at the ebay 2nd hand prices. I’d get a new Cuben Haven Tarp with the mest inner from Six Moons Designs – Big Ron, now, he knows a thing or two about ultra-light…

Aidan
    Free Member

Bikepacking with tents (like mountain biking with gears) is expensive and wrong.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Bikepacking with tents (like mountain biking with gears) is expensive and wrong.

Hipster alert.

nikk
    Free Member

What about bikepacking on a geared mountain bike?

I’m confused.

Is there a checklist or flowchart somewhere so I can make sure I am doing it the way some random on t’interwebs says is the correct way to do it 🙂

Aidan
    Free Member

Hipster alert.

Sense of humour alert!

boblo
    Free Member

Oooo sh1t, bikepacking with gears and tents here…. clearly double wrong. Hey ho.

That’s a lot of bread for a tent and I’m not afraid of splashing a bit of cash… Mind, two persons and under 1kg? That’s seriously light. The ‘real’ weight of a 1 person Laser Comp is a just about that. (Real being with the pole cover, stuff bags and a couple of decent pegs to stop the bobby pins letting go in a breeze).

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘£1100 for a 2 man tent – – ultimate bikepacking tent………’ is closed to new replies.