Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 11 speed upgrade problems
  • cheekyget
    Free Member

Hi guys
    I’ve gone 11 speed …well trying to , the problem I’ve got is the free hub doesn’t seem to be free anymore!
    I’ve got novatec have hubs and brought the nova tech 11 speed compatible freehub … Everything fits perfect but the when the wheel is on and I’m pedalling on my bike stand …when I free wheel the chain starts to group up as if the bike is a fixie
    What have I missed?…anyone

Thanks

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Road or mountain?

Onzadog
    Free Member

MTB 11 fits on a 10 speed freehub. If your cassette moving along the splines on the body and locking against the spokes?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Just take your freehub off and clean it out. Replace any thick grease with some lighter stuff.

Make sure the springs are “springy” aswell.

andyl
    Free Member

I am guessing it is either road or you bought an XD driver? Is your axle tightened up properly? Wondering if you have flex when the bike is weighted so the freehub is binding.

daver27
    Free Member

As above, MTB or road? If you’ve fitted an MTB cassette onto a road freehub body there’s your problem, it will slide on further and jam. 11 speed shimano mtb cassettes don’t need a new freehub, they fit onto 10 speed ones.

cp

All as above, need to know if you’re talking road or MTB.

flap_jack
    Free Member

little washer missing between cassette and freehub ? I had to fit one when going from road 11sp to mtb 11sp (ultegra to XT). Fit before the cassette.

cheekyget
    Free Member

Sorry guys…..had to go to work today

It’s a road bike….but I do have thick grease in there

cheekyget
    Free Member

Update!!!!!!

After rereading the above I found the problem …it was a missing washer!! Just like a few said

So THANKS Guys….it now spins like a dream…..woo hoo 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘11 speed upgrade problems’ is closed to new replies.