Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 11 speed Shimano 105 cassette on an XT disc hub?
  • Jeffus
    Free Member

Hi does anyone know if the 11 speed 105 cassette will fit an shimano XT disc hub,
    looking to build my Kaffenback and noticed 11 speed 105 groupsets same price as 10.

simondbarnes

It won’t

Rorschach
    Free Member

No,does facebook messaging not work anymore or do you hate me? 😥

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Nope.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Is it possible to change the free hub, Google isn’t showing me any 😀

Rorschach
    Free Member

Nope.

Mister-P
    Free Member

If you want 11 speed and disc then the only Shimano hub that fits the bill is the CX75.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Ok 10 speed it is, ah Mr K , you know your my best buddy, 😀

Mowgli
    Free Member

I just bought the CX75 hub – Evans have them at #80. Give me a couple of weeks and I might have it built up. Was difficult to find one, and is proving even harder to find the flange diameters and offsets so I can work out the spoke lengths.

njee20
    Free Member

Measure them 😕

pbooker1995
    Free Member

The difference is 1.85mm. If you can cut that much off the inside of your current Freehub you can get it to fit. Admittedly a bit of a bodge but works great. Just need someone who’s handy with a lathe

Jeffus
    Free Member

pbooker oh right is the 11spd cassette that much narrower?

pixelmix
    Free Member

You can remove a cog and spacer, and stick a spacer behind the cassette if you want to run 11 speed as 10 speed. I’ve tried that with the 11 speed Ultegra on my 10speed wheels and looks fine. Removed the 14t (which handily is the right width as a spacer if you don’t have a spacer to hand).

Admittedly I’ve not ridden it yet as I am waiting for my 11 speed ST-RS685 shifters to come into stock.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Mowgli, I have a couple of colleagues who have built wheels using CX75 hubs so should have dimensions. Email me if you haven’t found them by Monday morning.

mark.pearson at madison.co.uk

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Yep. 1.85mm is the measurement

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘11 speed Shimano 105 cassette on an XT disc hub?’ is closed to new replies.