Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 11 speed disc hubs for the road – Tune? CX75's? DT 240s?
  • fr0sty
    Free Member

I’m torn between the Tune King/Kong and DT Swiss 240s Disc Centerpull’s for a semi-posh disc road wheelset, 24h and 135mm spacing. I’m trying to keep the weight down where possible.

but…

Shimano CX75’s are heaps cheaper and I know they’ll be durable as heck.

Has anyone else been in the same boat as me? Any suggestions?

simondbarnes

I wish they did a 32h version of the cx75 and not just a 28h. I like Shimano hubs.

Daffy

Yup. I bought Chris King R45 Disc hubs.

njee20
    Free Member

Not disc, but I went Tune Mig/Mag on my last set of road wheels and they’re very nice. Feel far better built than the King/Kongs I had about 10 years ago. Lots of pretty colours and cheaper and lighter than King.

gee
    Free Member

I’ve just got some DT240 for my new cross bike. It gets used all winter and so I wanted the simplicity and durability, plus you can adapt them for every axle standard and that’s quite important when spending £1000+ on wheels (Reynolds Black Label 29er XC). If King made an R45 front with a 15mm axle I would have had those as the non-disc R45s I had were amazing hubs.

Hadge
    Free Member

BETD will be launching some new disc road hubs very shortly. We’ve made a small batch for centre-lock fitting so watch this space.

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

Probably not what you want if you want posh/light but you can get Hope Pro 2 Evos with an 11 speed road cassette, not the lightest but plenty bomb proof.

Its what I have on my commuter, 32h laced to a 35mm Light bicycle U rim, not the lightest but ive done 5000 miles on them now without an issue.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

White Industries?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

LB carbons on Tune King/Kong, set up tubeless on my posh bike

Daffy

If King made an R45 front with a 15mm axle I would have had those as the non-disc R45s I had were amazing hubs.

Just use a Small Diameter standard ISO disc hub for the front.

gee
    Free Member

I know but then they don’t match. the writing and hub shell shape are different. In my head that matters.

fr0sty
    Free Member

I’m so tempted by this Extralite hub. 144g! but I know it’ll decide to internally combust when I’m in the arse-end of nowhere one day.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘11 speed disc hubs for the road – Tune? CX75's? DT 240s?’ is closed to new replies.