Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 11 speed chain and narrow wide chain ring
  • charliemort

Now I **thought** all 11 speed chains worked with narrow wide rings, but having just tried a SRAM PC1130 on a new chainring looks like I’m wrong ‘cos it comes off straight away

had an X1 before.

or is it something else?

thanks

thepurist

Umm have you definitely aligned the chain properly so the narrow and wide bits line up with the teeth?

charliemort

errr well you know what I’ve run 1 x 11 for over a year and never even thought about chain alignment! must just have been lucky? chain has been on and off loads of times. so no – I haven’t definitely aligned it properly!!

athy62
    Free Member

Somebody once told ne SRAM chains were directional i.e. only work properly one way around! I haven’t had any problems with my SRAM chain but may be worth a try.

nosedive
    Free Member

I use that 1130, has sat fine on 2 different nw rings. Never even considered direction. Could the ring be worn or bent?

stuey
    Free Member

@ athy62 did he also get you to check your ‘speaker cables’ ? 🙂

http://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/pages/chain-retention

edit – nosedive +1 chain ring worn?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

what make is the ring?

I recently tried a 11spd chain on a On One NW ring and it wouldn’t work, but a Superstar ring was fine (KMC X11 chain).

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Isn’t the On One Ringmaster only 7/8/9/10-speed compatible, going on the blurb?

Not that I have any explanation as to why 11-speed would not work with it! 😉

charliemort

brand new Hope chainring

haven’t got to try it again today

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘11 speed chain and narrow wide chain ring’ is closed to new replies.