Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 11 speed cassettes – what you got?
  • reggiegasket
    Free Member

I have SRAM on one wheelset (10-42) and Shimano ont’ other (11-42).

I’m toying with the idea of going SRAM on both but the SRAM cassettes are obviously ££££ 😯 and so it’s a tricky decision.

If I go for a XG-1150 it’s not too much £ but heavy-ish (£90 and 394g) – similar to the XT basically.

If I go for a XG-1180 it jumps to £160 and but you lose quite a chunk of weight – 315g

and a XG-1195 is even more pimp at £190 and a weenie 275g

[the current XT cassette is 435-ish grams]

Obviously this is a weenie/piece of string question but what do you have?

[leave aside freehub compatibility and 10 vs 11t small sprocket issues for the sake of the discussion…]

honourablegeorge

GX Cassette is wider range and lighter than XT. And not expensive

https://www.bike-components.de/en/SRAM/XG-1150-Kassette-PC-X1-Kette-11-fach-Verschleissset-p47071/

I dunno whether that justifies getting rid of an XT though. If I was buying from new (and freehub wasn’t a factor) the SRAM is a no brainer.

njee20
    Free Member

Personally I’ve got XX1. I’ll replace that with XX1 too. They last well, and they are light. XG-1195s look crap when they wear because the anodising wears off

ferrals
    Free Member

I have the xt 11-42, but when it wears out I’ll get the xtr one if I can find it cheap as I think 11-40 is fine for me

rone

I’ve always had 1195 – seems to work well and lasts a few chains. Like njee says the black wears off.

I’ve just purchased a bike with one of the pinned cassette variants – seems okay to me but I’ve only done 3-400 miles on it.

I’m sure the xx1 is now a bit cheaper than previously.

Daffy

11-40 XT is 393 grams (average across the 3 of them I have) and can be had for less than £50…

Northwind

I found a cheap, barely used 1195, I think someone had bought a trendy 1×11 bike and discovered they were too feeble for it. Probably worth keeping an eye out for stuff like that, tarty parts can often be surprisingly cheap used because most people who want them, want them new.

beano68
    Free Member

1195 also, expensive and the anodising wheres of way too quickly but its light and it works great

poah
    Free Member

don’t forget to factor in the freehub for the SRAM cassette.

are you pedalling out on the 11t? if not why bother paying the extra for SRAM

tomhoward

Xx1 on 2, xo1 on another, X1 on another. CRC had a great offer on so I got a couple of xx1s for spares when the currents one die, as for the other two, I’ll prob replace with X1, barring any special offers.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘11 speed cassettes – what you got?’ is closed to new replies.