Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 11 Spd Chain for M8000
  • variflex
    Free Member

Happy New Year everyone,
    I have a few CRC vouchers I can spend on consumables for 2017, so wondered what non Shimano 11spd chains people are using with M8000 XT 1 x 11 setups?

On my old 1×10 XT setups I used SRAM chains at around the £16 mark which always did me well, but wasnt sure whether you can still mix and match on the 11 spd setups…I cant see why not, but thought I should check.

ferrals
    Free Member

Why non shimano? Not used SRAM with my M8000, but found the KMC chains kept breaking so just stick with shimano, seem great to me

benpinnick

SRAM PG1130 would be my choice.

scotroutes

Why non shimano?

That.

br
    Free Member

Cheapest SRAM 11-speed been working fine for me, usually £15-17.

But, one thing I’ve noticed is that 11 speed seems to not stretch a chain for ages, and then it just ‘goes’. One day the chain-checker is fine and the next it’s at 1, seemed to miss out .75. Probably worth changing at .5.

nosedive
    Free Member

Sram pg1130 here for me as well, its been fine unlike the kmc that was my original choice

teethgrinder

I run 10 speed chains with my m8000 xt setup

variflex
    Free Member

Thanks all. Prefer SRAM for the quick link. Ive gone with X1 @ 18.99. Saves me the best part of a tenner over the Shimano recommended M8000 chain.

chakaping
    Free Member

Shimano 105 chains work fine, for future ref.

poah
    Free Member

no probs with my 11sp KMC chain

mb51
    Free Member

Put kmc chain on my m8000, no problems so far.purchased six missing links, as 11 speed not reusable.heard because they’re thinner.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Only broken a KMC once and that was the joining link that had split. Simply fix anyway with another link. No fiddly joining pins like Shimano and chain isn’t directional either.

Most regulars I know on rides have moved to KMC and maybe it’s coincidence but quantity of snapped chain incidents per ride have dropped dramatically. Those that do snap on a ride are Shimano and SRAM.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Shimano XT / Ultegra for me, 1000km so far, both racing and riding and nothing to complain about.
    If you’re desperate for a quick link SRAM or KMC work just fine.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘11 Spd Chain for M8000’ is closed to new replies.