Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 11-50T cassettes (11speed) what mech?
  • one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Ok so I’m going to take the plunge and go 11speed on my Nomad.

Thought I might as well go for the biggest range possible with a Sunrace 11-50t cassette. I notice the SRAM mechs (GX etc) say max 42 tooth, do you need a specific mech or will they stretch for 50t?

Ta.

poah
    Free Member

medium isn’t long enough.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Well, Hope for their 10-48 cassette suggest a mech that uses an eccentric top jockey.

I use an XT long cage mech with a OneUp shark cage. Can’t see why it wouldn’t work for the sunrace

dufusdip
    Free Member

Slx long cage works with sunrace 11-50t

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Is it possible to do this with SRAM as I prefer sram gearing?

lunge

11-50T cassettes (11speed) what mech?

A front one so you don’t have to use such a ridiculous cassette?

dumbbot
    Free Member

SRAM gx works with 50tooth cassette, there’s videos on YouTube showing it functions. I use gx mech with the sunrace 46tooth without any problems.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

A front one so you don’t have to use such a ridiculous cassette?

Because I only want a single granny gear without the faff and weight of another mech, shifter and chain ring?

Thanks dumbbot I’ll have a look. I was hoping to be able to just buy a off the shelf mech without having to modify it.

cookeaa

Could it be time to dust off the the old goat links and hanger extensions?

blitz

Been running a sunrace 11-50 with a long cage XT mech for a couple of months. Really pleased with it. No need for a goatlink or anything. Shifts perfectly.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Shifting can vary depending on chain growth and exact mech hanger dimensions. All mech hangers are not the same.

Not tried SRAM myself but know a chap who uses stock stuff on a Hope 10-48 which works fine.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘11-50T cassettes (11speed) what mech?’ is closed to new replies.