Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 10×135 Axle
  • mariner
    Free Member

Anyone got any insight as to how this works?
    Picked up elderly Spearfish to revive over winter and turns out it uses 10×135 at the rear.
    Not run across this before.
    Are all hubs available with 10mm end caps?
    Not seeing this as an option generally although DT appear to accommodate this size?

Markie
    Free Member

Huh. I’m currently searching for some 10×135 qr thru axles as superstar are out of stock.

Hope and DT hubs certainly have endcaps that take it. It gives you some of the benefits of a thru / through axle combined with the ability to use standard dropouts.

http://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/10mm-rear-qr-through-axle.htm

DT Swiss call their qr version RWS…

mariner
    Free Member

Markie

CRC have DT Swiss ones. As far as I can see they may be the only option.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

@Markie, I’m not totally sure, but either myself or Stevemorg2 has a superstar 10mm to sell (I bought a wheel off him which is on the way, but I’m not totally sure if the axle was included!). But you might want to check in with him

kayla1
    Free Member

I got a couple of DT Swiss 10mm QR thingers from CRC the other day. 135×10 is a standard hub spacing though, nothing fancy or weird. It just means the dropouts are 135mm apart and have 10mm slots in them- any old 135 QR hub should work.

edit- I bought some 10mm Novatec 882 rear adapters from ebay to fit my SS (branded) hubs.

edit again- if you want to be really rough you can just use a 10mm nut and bolt with a 10mm through hub.

Markie
    Free Member

Thanks Northwind – I’ll try Steve first, and if he says it’s on it’s way to you then I’ll ask you!

midlifecrashes

There’s a (non-qr) 10×135 option for Chris King ISO hubs too, I got a s/h hub with one cheap and then bought the QR axle to suit my bike. If you have a CKing hub, I still have the axle.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘10×135 Axle’ is closed to new replies.