Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 105 Compact Chainrings – alternatives
  • prezet
    Free Member

I’m currently running the stock 34/50t chainrings on my 105 compact cranks. However for the gradients around where I live I seem to constantly be shifting between the chainrings to avoid cross chaining.

Ideally I’d like a outer chainring with less teeth. I think a 46t would be about ideal. But really not sure where to start looking for one, or if it’s even possible? I *think* the BCD is 110mm. So would any 110mm outer chainring work? would I need to replace both outer and inner?

Any advice would be great.The alternative is to go 1×10, but again, not sure if that setup would be supported on a 105 compact crankset.

kilo

try spa cycles, they have loads of various makes

jonathan
    Free Member

Compact is 110BCD five bolt. Any suitable 10spd 110BCD ring should fit – the only issues I’ve had before was the little pin that stops the chain jamming between crank arm and rings being too long, but that was easily solved with a hacksaw.

I’ve done the same switch to a 46T outer on my cross bike.

Only reason to switch both would be if the inner was significantly worn. But there are often good deal around for pairs from people like Planet-X – I presume from bike manufacturer stock.

prezet
    Free Member

Thanks @johnathan 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘105 Compact Chainrings – alternatives’ is closed to new replies.