Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 100K Isle of White Charity ride BHF.
  • Wally

Anybody done it and roughly how long “should” 100K take?

gavinford
    Free Member

i dont know if this is the same thing, but for a start it is the “ISLE OF WIGHT” there is an organised ride, all the way round the island later in the year, or you can do it yourself which is approximately 100k (62 miles) it is a cracking ride, if not a little tough, a lot of up and down so feels a lot more than 100k, if you are in any sort of shape, you should be able to do it somewhere between 3 and 6 hours.

hope this helps

The IOW Randonnee takes place on the Sunday of the May Day Bank Holiday.

It is a local event (1000+ riders) with hundreds of visitors coming across. It follows the signposted road route with a few diversions for various checkpoints.

The BHF ride might be a separate event, so check the dates.

thomthumb
    Free Member

the road one? it is the same route as the randonee (permantly marked route)

i’ve done it a few times; normally takes 4-5 hours riding time. last time was a bit longer but we did have a three course lunch in a tea room 😆

allthepies
    Free Member

I’ve done the randonnee thing before, cracking event with tea/cake stops at church halls etc 🙂

Wally

White/Wight what a fool.
    No, it’s off road British Heart Foundation (BHF) one, June 18th.
    Although I would be better off raising money for BDA – British Dyslexia Foundation.

superfli
    Free Member

I did the IOW BHF ride last year – its 1st event. First off, its a tough ride, I mean 100k isnt anything to be sniffed at, but 100k offroad taking in at least 14 hills is very tough going! Next thing to be aware of, is if you are familiar with the south, its chalky. Chalk and wet is a nightmare, fortunately this event is in June, so good chances it’ll be fine weather. That said, its not a race and there is no race atmosphere, all sorts of riders – as you dont have to do the full 100km. Terrain is easy, non technical, but the hills just keep coming! The scenery is fantastic, and the sense of achievement is immense. I was talking to a mate today and said although I had done some great rides and enduros in 2010, my most memorable ride was this event.

Height gain is 6600FT!
    You can see the route and profile on my sports-tracker:
    http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/workout/Superfli/bji8nhq6omg5ccc0

gavinford, there is no way you could do this ride in 3-4hrs! I’m a fast, pretty regular enduro rider and 6hrs was a very quick time. The road ride around the IOW is probably what you were referring to, which I did in a little under 4hrs
    http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/workout/Superfli/168et6pu3728d49b

I’d love to do this again this year, but am away on summer hols 🙁 Planning on Kielder 100 instead 🙂 (unless I’m too late!)

flap_jack
    Free Member

superfli,

excuse my ignorance of sports-tracker, but can you get a gpx out of that ?

Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘100K Isle of White Charity ride BHF.’ is closed to new replies.