Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • "1001, 1002, 1003… Oh Miss Corningstone…!" TBC Wednesday Night Ramble
  • househusband

It's too windy, and I'm going to take advantage of the brief dryness to go and mow the lawn. Will make it out on some of these midweek rides in a week or two… or three.

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

I need to get out. If i make it to the shop by 7 i'll see you there but don't wait. Any ideas of the route? I can always head the same way or intercept you somewhere?

cheers
    Mark (or Random Integrale Bloke)

ojom
    Free Member

lets go smoke out your tyres on the Integrale sometime!

robgarrioch

Hi Squad **waves**

Just back from Orkney, & too much to do ahead of work tomorrow to make it tonight… Shame, desperate to regale everyone with tales of Balblair & Golspie. So think yourselves lucky! Enjoy.

jimmy

ace pic, rob 🙂

epicsteve
    Free Member

Only saw a couple of other mountain bikers up there this evening, although the Harlaw car-park was just about the busiest I've seen it mid-week as there was some open water swimming going on in the reservoir, plus quite a lot of runners.

I decided to stay low and in the trees and out of the wind as it was pretty blowy, and quite muddy in places as well.

ojom
    Free Member

well 10 YES 10! brave souls made it out – it were fine. Just a bit blustery.

We stayed low – Clubbidean, Poets, Rangers Path, Nail Trail, Chocolate Chute and back to home.

29miles on the magic garmin robot. Not too bad.

It's not uber rad core but it gets us all out and gives us the Thursday smugness. Thanks for attending guys!

Some more new faces appeared too – love seeing new members to the group.

Anyway – next week…. lets go messing about somewhere else… did someone say Freeride area…? Skills n stuff…

Northwind

I want more of our rides to involve people riding into seemingly innocent puddles that turn out to be about 3 feet deep. As long as it's not me. Another fine ride, cheers!

(Rigid forks are the new nichecore you know.)

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Sadly I was unable to obtain a woman pass. I've prebooked for next week though so will charge fae fife to Bonally.

I'm bringing the fast bike.

AntM
    Free Member

i slept well last night and I can still feel it in my legs this morning. A great ride out and it didn't rain too- bonus. I must say I was made up by the huge response at the suggestion of a bivvy trip…. 😉 I think the concept needs to sink in with some people or pehaps the idea of BBQs and beer are alien to a bunch of honed athletes with only thoughts on the next training block and racing?

balfa
    Free Member

I hope to make it out on one of these rides once I've recovered from injury.

Don't recognise some of those trail names although I may well have ridden them.

Which is the Rangers Path and Chocolate Chute?

Northwind

Chocolate Chute is just off the water of leith footpath, it's easiest to find from the bottom, out near Balerno. It's right before the last proper bridge, where the footpath/railway line crosses over the river for the last time before you reach the end of the main path, at Balerno. Ride out to that bridge and look left, ie south, and you'll see a sort of muddy flight of steps leading up, which turns into a load of roots.

If you bash this into google maps this is more or less where it starts. 55.891815, -3.320793 It's a short push up or heroically ridden climb, then the rest is easily rideable as a climb, but it's definately a descent.

balfa
    Free Member

Thanks for that. I think I know where you mean.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘"1001, 1002, 1003… Oh Miss Corningstone…!" TBC Wednesday Night Ramble’ is closed to new replies.