Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • £1000ish Hardtail
  • leythervegas
    Free Member

If and when I sell my Canyon Spectral (see for sale section) I will be on the hunt for a hardtail for about a grand. Will be very sorry to see the Spectral go as its a lovely bike but I need a hardtail as it would be easier for on my commute and I can fit my sons bike seat on a hardtail too.

I have seen the On One offerings and they seem pretty good. I also like the Grand Canyon very much. The Orbea Loki is available for a great price but not sure about commuting on a 27.5+??? Any feedback on these bikes would be great.

Any other suggestions?

batteryhorsestaple
    Free Member

Is your commute on or off road?

steezysix
    Free Member

Chances are you could fit a slick 35mm ish tyred 700c wheel into a 27.5? Two sets of wheels for different duties, way better than swapping tyres every week or commuting on MTB tyres!

Bregante

Sonder Transmitter

leythervegas
    Free Member

My commute is mostly off road unless its very wet or dark.

Just found the bird tx n11 online. Looks amazing value. Anyone any experience of it?

alextemper
    Free Member

Not that specific build but had the first gen Zero AM which was an excellent bike.

I will be building up the current Zero AM later in the year.

batteryhorsestaple
    Free Member

Was going to suggest Bird or Commencal Meta AM.

superstu
    Free Member

Bird hardtails look great, personally I’d prefer a TR to the AM but some stinking vfm.

For a left field choice what about a pinnacle Iroko?

leythervegas
    Free Member

Some good suggestions there. I think this time of year is good as next years bikes are getting released and there’s bargains to be had.

Still think the Bird is the favourite though. I can’t find much on here about them though.

Duc
    Free Member

Base model Cannondale “Beast of the East” a mate has just got one on cycle to work and it really is a good bit of kit.
    Marin Pine mountain looks excellent for £750 too and with the balnce you could go with a second set of 29er wheels for road commutes

rico70

I have a Grand Canyon up for sale at £765 at the moment. Size medium. See my post in the for sale section and drop me an email if you are interested or want some pictures.

leythervegas
    Free Member

Cheers Rico but I would need a large.

tomhoward

Large 2013 Santa Cruz chameleon? Last of the 26″ ones, very good spec, mail in profile if you are interested.

13thfloormonk

You may not have a Lefty itch like I do, but if you did you can get a very fast looking Cannondale F-Si 1 for about £1300 at the moment, Lefty included!

I can’t look away but don’t really need it… 😕

jambalaya
    Free Member

Cube do some great value bikes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘£1000ish Hardtail’ is closed to new replies.