Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • 100,000,000 hand painted porcelain sunflower seeds
  • geoffj

…..but you can’t stand on them

I’m not sure what the biggest tragedy is 🙄

rockhopper70

ha…this has got folk talkin…that must make it contemorary!

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d want to roll around in them. What happened to interactive art?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rockhopper70

banned cos of health and safety!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

All hand made. Yeah right.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No, banned because of the Tate’s fear of some fecker claiming for lung damage caused by breathing in ceramic dust. They’ve had to pay out quite a few claims to people who’ve injured themselves on the large interactive installation. Blame solicitors 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hand-painted m_f 😛

takisawa2

Did that Mr Meyagi lookalike paint them all himself ?

They could just give them a spray with water every few hours to keep the dust down.
    I liked the Tate modern. Must go again.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

That’s all the difference then – piece of piss to hand paint 100,000,000 tiny porcelain beads. Do that on a quiet night in.

WTF
    Free Member

Is it my imagination but almost every evening of late on the BBC news this guy appears with an “art story” that would never see the light of day at any other time in the past ?
    Or did someone else used to have the job ?

duntmatter
    Free Member

What sweatshop for 100,000,000 hand painted porcelain sunflower seeds?

LoveTubs
    Free Member

I do have an eye for art, I enjoy it and when I have the time one likes to have a dabble but ‘pieces’ such these simply do not float my boat – I get the concept, but I’d rather experience it on beautiful natural beach rather than a contrived envronment.

I thought it sad, boring and what’s worse…folk actually bought into the BS! Get outside you boring people!

Hand painted my butt-cheeks! Maybe in batches of 10^6 with an army of sprayguns.

I’m off to fill my local lake with concrete, to juxtapose nature’s plight against humanity 🙄

cynic-al
    Free Member

Lots of beautiful beaches in central London 🙄

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I do have an eye for art,

😆

molgrips
    Free Member

What sweatshop for 100,000,000 hand painted porcelain sunflower seeds?

They are indeed hand made and hand painted. The artist is from an area of China famed for centuries for ceramics production, and he employed thousands of people to make the seeds and paid them a good wage. They wanted to keep going when the job finished.

marsdenman
    Free Member

I’m off to fill my local lake with concrete, to juxtapose nature’s plight against humanity

LOL! thing is – you or I do that and we’re locked up as vandals – Emin / Hirst* et-al do it and someone, somewhere will pay a stupid amount of money for it….

* though, in fairness, he’d probably encrust the concrete lake in diamonds so it would ‘ripple’ in the light…. 😉

crikey
    Free Member

I like art, I like the idea of art and I like artists, but a little tiny part of me always wants to shout;

GET A F**KING PROPER JOB YOU WASTER…

..and sometimes I feel guilty about thinking that, and sometimes I don’t.

binners

Seeing as Ken Clarke is talking about making prisoners do something worthwhile while inside, this is just the kind of thing the government should be looking into. We could have lovely art installations everywhere

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘100,000,000 hand painted porcelain sunflower seeds’ is closed to new replies.