Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • 100,000 people in the UK are living with AIDs
  • hora
    Free Member

According to the radio, either wittingly or unwittingly.

A scary stat. Considering the big news/media push in the late 80’s/early 90’s and you don’t really hear anything about it nowadays do you?

footflaps

Is that Good Aids or Bad Aids?

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’m glad you said that so I don’t have to get flamed for saying it 😐

DrP

AIDS, or HIV? (or “High five” as I once heard a junior doctor say – think about it…)

DrP

binners

Its mainly only the gayer’s though. Thats why you don’t hear about it. A bit like when foreigners die in earthquakes and plane crashes and things.

Anyway… Its their punishment from god for constantly touching each others bottoms

footflaps

I’m glad you said that so I don’t have to get flamed for saying it

It makes all the difference, as long as they’re all Good Aids victims we’re OK, otherwise we’re descending into Hell 😉

Rorschach
    Free Member

And cats.

footflaps

Anyway… Its their punishment from god for constantly touching each others bottoms

You can get Aids from touching other people’s bottoms? My god, it will be spreading via toilet seats next….

hora
    Free Member

binners, years ago that may have had alot of truth- complex mix-meetings etc etc are spreading the risk now though.

Years ago I had a test – the Dr said ‘have you had sex with someone from Africa or unprotected sex with a man’?

no.

‘So why are you here’?

Nowadays its strains of Gonorrhea and mixed-casual sex that are spreading.

100,000 is a bloody lot. Probably not much as a percentage but **** 😯

DezB
    Free Member

‘So why are you here’?

Nowadays its strains of Gonorrhea and mixed-casual sex that are spreading.

100,000 is a bloody lot. Probably not much as a percentage but ****

Was that your reply to the doc?

binners

Can you catch it form wearing another gentleman’s leather chaps?

Just curious, like….

Drac

No it’s bird flu now or was might be swine flu, we’ve also had ebola.

DrP points out rather briefly though that AIDS is not what a lot of people think of when they here the word.

footflaps

what about 2nd hand PVC fetish gear from trans-gender triathletes?

That sort of stuff seems very popular on STW recently…..

footflaps

maybe we should get the forum tested?

binners

But I’ve never even injected! 😥

mrblobby
    Free Member

Not a very interesting stat in isolation. Better to look at trends and whether the number is on the increase? There’s also a certain amount of estimation that goes on for the undiagnosed figures. Also people with HIV are living longer and mortality rates are apparently comparable with the general population.

Edit: oh and as DrP suggests, the figure is of people living with HIV and not AIDS.

Peyote
    Free Member

Isn’t it becoming a bit more like Prostate Cancer these days*? I.e. most blokes over a certain age have it but it’s such a slow burner that they generally die of something else before the PC gets them?

* Obviously the girlies can get HIV too, and no doubt there are other differences, but hopefully the gist is accurate.

jota180
    Free Member

Now if you’d said 100,000 are dying from AIDS

But they’re living, God has chosen not to take them
    Actually, I think he’s waiting for the result of a vote on gay Bishops before deciding what to do with them.

hora
    Free Member

Also people with HIV are living longer and mortality rates are apparently comparable with the general population.

Good point.

footflaps

But I’ve never even injected!

Not too late to make up for lost time. Start off with Vim then work up to Cillit Bang…

deviant
    Free Member

As a percentage its 0.16% of the population.

I dont find it surprising, i saw a young man in custody the other day who had ejaculated blood the night before….(christ knows why i was asked to see him during his detention, it had no bearing but thats another story)….he said he was sleeping with upwards of 2 girls a day and not using condoms….when i asked why not he didnt know why, he just proudly stated that he had never used condoms….when i asked how he was picking up 2 girls a day he said its easy….friends, friends of friends, facebook friends etc etc….he then said that a few of these girls had told him they had STIs but he had sex with them anyway….

….what chance is there when scum like him (and those he’s sleeping with) have this attitude to condoms?!

kimbers

a friends wife is hiv positive (cheating ex husband!)

doesnt affect them much,they did try ivf but ended up adopting- as long as she keeps on the meds life expectancy is about the same,

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/164373/they-found-a-cure-for-aids

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Its mainly only the gayer’s though. Thats why you don’t hear about it.

interestingly, the stats seem to show its only about half gayers, the biggest recent rises are in black heterosexual immigrants fom africa… about 1/3 of the total – its like a daily mail headline in itself 😯

http://www.nat.org.uk/HIV-Facts/Statistics/Latest-UK-statistics/Black-Africans.aspx

binners

i saw a young man in custody the other day who had ejaculated blood the night before.

😯

he said he was sleeping with upwards of 2 girls a day and not using condoms

😯 😯 😯

I gather he, and his doubtless numerous offspring will soon be adding to the figure then? EEK!

hora
    Free Member

a friends wife is hiv positive (cheating ex husband!)

A friend at Uni had Hep C because her boyfriend liked sleeping with prostitutes. She only found out when her life suddenly drastically changed forever when she became really ill.

DrP

Additionally, from a medical statistic point of view, you need to be aware of the difference between prevalence and incidence when stating figures like these (I say ‘you’ – I mean the press etc)

DrP

br
    Free Member

….what chance is there when scum like him (and those he’s sleeping with) have this attitude to condoms?!

Says more about the women, than him…

zbonty

Never wear another man/woman’s Lycra pants or double dip the old chammy cream is sound advice.

footflaps

Can’t we just round them all up and dump them on the Isle of White?

😉

loum
    Free Member

interestingly, the stats seem to show its only about half gayers, the biggest rise is in black african heterosexual immigrants… about 1/3 of the total – its like a daily mail headline in itself

And sadly, their children.
    And due to the prevalence of prejudice against them, it’s usually necessary to keep the facts of any infection secret from the school they attend.
    Now there’s a daily mail headline.

kimbers

b r – Member

Says more about the women, than him…

erm not really

in fact it says more about YOU than anyone else

binners

Can’t we just round them all up and dump them on the Isle of White?

Then….

😉

peterfile
    Free Member

the stats seem to show its only about half gayers, the biggest recent rises are in black heterosexual immigrants fom africa

Advisable not to sleep with a bi-sexual african immigrant then?

KonaTC

100,000 people in the UK are living with AIDs

Is that all 😯

Asthma Key facts

5.4 million people in the UK are currently receiving treatment for asthma: 1.1 million children (1 in 11) and 4.3 million adults (1 in 12).

There were 1,131 deaths from asthma in the UK in 2009 (12 were children aged 14 years or under). That’s on average, 3 people per day or 1 person every 8 hours dies from asthma.

People who are inadvertently infected with AIDS/HIV is very sad but sometimes the press needs to keep things in perspective

peterfile
    Free Member

Is that all

Asthma Key facts

5.4 million people in the UK are currently receiving treatment for asthma: 1.1 million children (1 in 11) and 4.3 million adults (1 in 12).

There were 1,131 deaths from asthma in the UK in 2009 (12 were children aged 14 years or under). That’s on average, 3 people per day or 1 person every 8 hours dies from asthma.

People who are inadvertently infected with AIDS/HIV is very sad but sometimes the press needs to keep things in perspective

You can’t catch asthma from african immigrants or gays, so it doesn’t really make a good tabloid headline.

binners

We’re never going to fit that lot on the Isle of White!

wallop

The press has only stated a fact, not declared an epidemic .

KonaTC

peterfile – Member

Is that all

Asthma Key facts

You can’t catch asthma from african immigrants or gays, so it doesn’t really make a good tabloid headline.

Sadly very true in our media driven lives 🙁

therealhoops
    Free Member

I got cat aids once but it turned out to be an allergy to the washing powder.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Where is the Isle of White??

Do you mean the Isle of Wight?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘100,000 people in the UK are living with AIDs’ is closed to new replies.