Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • £1000 – Which – Best Cyclo Cros CX Bike or Race Hard Tail
  • COZZY
    Free Member

Cycle to work scheme is coming. (after 10 years…)

Thinking of getting a cyclo cross cx bike or race hard tail ?

I’d value your knowledge please

Planet X CX bike is looking good

jim
    Free Member

Pinnacle Arkose 3

downgrade
    Free Member

What’s your commute like, distance surface etc?

COZZY
    Free Member

Its going to be used for loops from work on the ridgeway off road and gravel tracks – with some road links, and Im sure if I get a CX id blast it on road now and then rather than my road bike..?

swanky
    Free Member

Save £200 and get this: http://rouxbikes.co.uk/shop/conquest-3500/

or if you’re not really going to be doing CX and want a good commute bike then go for this maybe: http://rouxbikes.co.uk/shop/carbon-drive-a8/

COZZY
    Free Member

Cheers – they all look like contenders and nice addtions..

vdubber67
    Free Member

Planet X XLS. Yes, you’d save £200 on that Roux, but it’s alloy with a Sora group set.

COZZY
    Free Member

Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 looks great for £1199 discount….

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Took possession of my xls on the c2w scheme about 3 weeks ago. Best value for money bike I’ve ever owned. It’s ace. You’ll have to pay px’s admin fee upfront- 10% on some schemes.
    Highly recommended

COZZY
    Free Member

Cheers eat _ more _ cheese

That bike will be popular in our bike sheds soon quite a few people are opting for it. How does the carbon feel off road ?

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

I’ve gone from a Dolan Multi x to the xls and the carbon doesn’t ride badly off road at all. I find I can chuck it around way more (it’s a good 3-4lbs lighter) the wheels are still quite heavy, but IMO it’s more essential for cx bikes to have a tough wheel set. 500miles under its belt and no problems yet!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘£1000 – Which – Best Cyclo Cros CX Bike or Race Hard Tail’ is closed to new replies.