Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • £1000 ish carbon road bike
  • scuff321
    Free Member

Any ideas for entry level carbon road bike

lowey
    Painey
    Free Member

Planet X have been doing some great deals recently. There and Ribble should be your first places to look.

julians
    Free Member

Planet x seems to be the default choice for that money.

I bought the previous years Cube GTC agree in the sales for £750, as I didnt want to spend as much as a grand.

stumpy01

The Canyon Endurance range seems to get good reviews & can be had for around the £1k mark.

uwe-r
    Free Member

The PX RT58 looks a cracking bike however i didnt have the budget, ended up with a dale synapse alloy which is a lovely frame. If i had 1k to spend i’d be looking for a carbon synapse on ebay and failing finding one would widen the search to a RT58.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Just built up a Pro Carbon £299, 105 groupset (Merlin/CRC/Wiggle £299), seatpost/seat/stem/etc PX, Mavics off here – all in under £850.
    Tips the scales at under 8Kg too

mrblobby
    Free Member

You’ll likely get a better alu frame with that budget.

You could get a Cannondale CAAD10 with 105 for 1300, much rather that to a PX pro carbon or a ribble.

northernmatt

No one mentioned Giant Defy 0 yet?

(d’oh, it isn’t carbon)

nickc

I’ve a Ribble R872 it was £1600 with Ultegra and Ksyrium wheels, with careful picking of parts you could easily get to your target.

TiRed

I’d normally say alloy CAAD10 at your price point… But, if you are prepared to have Tiagra, then Paul Cycles have Giant TCR Advanced 3’s for £1100 this is an absolute bargain and you will not find a better frame, let alone bike, for that money. And there is nothing wrong with Tiagra, I’ve raced it just fine. That frame was £1250 on its own. It’s that good.

Linky here

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Or go for the 2013 carbon model for the same money but with full ultegra (all be it 10spd). Amazing value if bang up to date gearing doesn’t bother you.

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/m7b0s6p4906/GIANT-TCR-COMPOSITE-1-2013

frogstomp
    burnsybhoy
    Free Member

Cannondale Supersix Evo 105 6 at Sprockets Cycles for £1039.99 only size 56cm left.

Here is think link.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

+1 for alloy at that budget. It may not be any better than the best carbon at that price, but it wont be worse and will be a lot better than some carbon options.

See Hora’s recent history for the pitfalls of buying a carbon bike for £1k just because of the spec.

aazlad
    Free Member

I can recommend a Dolan L’etape very highly. I have the Campag Veloce with wheels upgraded to Mavic which can be had for less than £930.

jools182
    Free Member
    snownrock

Those Sensa bikes look good, I just wish Merlin wouldn’t be a little devious and show bike pictures with different specification to the one listed.

TiRed

If that TCR with 6700 Ultegra is in your size, then it really is superb value. Easily the best frame for you budget, with the rest of the bike coming for free. If not, Tiagra is no bad choice.

Check sizing here because Giant bikes come up quite big.

turbo1397
    Free Member

Not sure if it’s of interest but I’m selling a giant defy composite frame/forks/seatpost/stem/bars for £400 in the classifieds..

asc73
    Free Member

our local shop has a 2015 c dale synapse 105 carbon in a 58cm at £1300 they claim it has a mark on it could’nt see it ,looked stunning.stealthy black.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I can also vouch for the Dolan L’Etape – bought mine frame only & built it up with parts I already had. Really nice bike to ride.

jonk

I have a similar bike to this but with ultegra, Superb bike and very comfy and a steal at £1000.

jeremyd42
    Free Member

Viper Verbier.
    Not the sexiest but very good price tag for a carbon bike with 105 groupset.

http://www.alltricks.com/road/bikes/viper-verbier-road-bike-shimano-105-compact-11-speed-2015-266-185135.html

chakaping
    Free Member

Ribble frames are good for cheap carbon IME – stiff, comfy and fast geometry.

See Hora’s recent history for the pitfalls of buying a carbon bike for £1k just because of the spec.

Do you really think there was anything wrong with the bike?

kimbers

not carbon but cycle surgery have kona zings on a 1 day sale for 550 quid today

teamslug
    Free Member

Try Pauls Cycles. I got a cdale carbon synapse from them. About £1100 iirc. 105 10 speed. Lovely looking bike and pretty comfy!!!.

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/m7b0s6p5237/CANNONDALE-SYNAPSE-CARBON-105-2013

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘£1000 ish carbon road bike’ is closed to new replies.