Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • £100 to spend on Second Hand wheels. What should I be looking for?
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’m building an Mmmbop and at the minute have limited funds. I have about £100 max to spend so obviously second hand but what should I be looking for. Last time I bought new so except for Hope Hoops Im not really sure what to aim for.

What would you buy with this budget? I just want to get riding now.

Cheers everyone.

kimbers

i got some pro2s on 717s for about that on ebay
    needed new nearings and a truing but have been brilliant ever since

saying that these look outsanding value……….

http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=407&osCsid=c7bd3db39a8daa8e736fec7d0abaa2a5

if you are happy with qr only

mieszko
    Free Member

Bontrager Race Lites for me, under 1900g, normal spokes DT Swiss hubs. More of a xc wheels so not sure how they would cope on an Mmmbop. they generally go for around that money, check Bonty Rhytms on eBay. For xc mines were brilliant. You could probably get some slx hubbed wheels as well. Merlin should have something available. At £100 I would faff free wheels so normal spokes, decent rims and hubs. Shimano xt hubs with normal spokes and choice of mavic rims 317/321 etc should be within that budget.

cynic-al
    Free Member

sh? An honest description of the bearings.

colande
    Free Member

I’ve bought 2 pairs of wheels off the classifieds, I collected them so didn’t have to pay postage,
    1st set were xt hubs on mavic 717 think i paid £70-80
    2nd set were deore on mavic 719 for £60

like mieszko said I’d look for something on a xt hub.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘£100 to spend on Second Hand wheels. What should I be looking for?’ is closed to new replies.